Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:07 PM

Default Headlight wiring question

I have an 05' EC300 with the 2k2 ignition. Looks like the wires plugged into the headlight bulb socket are yellow and blue? There is another pair of wires taped to bundle that are plugged together at the end and taped up. They seem(I'm color blind) to be the same colors What are these for?

Also...
The metal connection posts are broken on the plastic bulb socket. Do you know if I can get this specific part. The fiche is unclear whether this is a seperate part or connected to the wiring.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:30 PM

the other taped up wires may be for the headlight switch if you dont have one already
Old 02-24-2009, 11:03 PM

i second that.
mine are the same way, taped tagether. this brings power to the headlight plug (which is a standardized unit) logically this would be the best place to wire in the switch for sure.
the headlight plug is the same as every bike ive ever owned, and some cars. a junkyard or auto dealer is probably the best(or bike boneyard/dealer)
i tossed the plug because my light has the 3 prongs in a straight line.(i think were talkin about the same thing)
i just used 3 female crimpon spade terminals.

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 AM

Could the other connector be for the little driving light that is in some of the headlights? Or is it supposed to be a parking light?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:47 AM

I guess I have one of the older ("Grenada") headlights eventhough I have an 05'. I ordered a whole new headlight from GoFasters for very cheap. With the 3 prongs in a straight line, which two do I hook my wires into? Also wondering what to hook into the mini light like Skidad mentions above??
Old 03-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Bump....see last post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM

the 3 prongs in a straight line are low/high/ground. I'm sorry but I don't know the exact order. At this point you probably know which of your wires are "hot" and "ground". You can use them or a multimeter to determine which 2 prongs when hooked together either "beep", make the needle show continuity, or if using the bike wiring make the light come on. One combination is low beam, the other is high beam. You will not burn up any wiring doing this as long as you aren't putting those wires to the bikes chassis. If using the multimeter use it only on the headlamp bulb with wiring disconnected or you may burn up the meter.
This next part is just my guess...
The other small light with 2 prongs is a DRL (daytime running light) I believe is required in some countries for street machines. I would guess the headlight switch used in conjunction would have a diode so it would not activate the headlights at the same time if the headlight was off. Or,, maybe for competion use where a headlight is required but you don't want to use any more watts than necessary??
Anybody else have a SWAG guess??

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)