Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:44 AM

I complained to our Parts Unlimited rep yesterday that their catalog does not have many Gas Gas parts listings. I seem to always have to order stuff for KTM, Honda, etc... for my Gas Gas because I know it's the same part number. Those without this knowledge are at a loss to get brake pads, reed valves, fork seals, etc.... He put the blame on Gas Gas and said they do not supply Parts Unlimited with enough info. Whatever the reason, Gas Gas would be a more attractive brand if aftermarket parts were more easily available.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson_hollow View Post
I......Gas Gas would be a more attractive brand if aftermarket parts were more easily available.
As a former TM owner, and currently a Husaberg owner. I fully endorse buying OEM parts, or at least aftermarket parts imported by by the brand importer, so that they can generate enough revenue to stay viable. I also endorse buying local as much as possible. The downside can be that you have to plan parts needs and maintain a list of crossover parts, which I am quite accustomed to.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
The white plastics issue is our fault and no fault of your dealers. We had ordered 15 "complete" kits to be shipped via boat and when it arrived in the end of January it was shrouds, fenders only, no headlights or airbox panels...

I do have some coming but when GasGas releases "new" plastics looks on their bikes you have to keep in mind they produce maybe 2 sets, take photo's, release photo's then sit back and wait for feedback so when the ISDE product was shown last July it only became available in limited quantity for the ISDE bikes and then available to importers in December.

We are starting to import different plastic sets and eliminating stock of "graphic" plastics from prior to 06. In the future if a customer wants plastics for a specific year with graphics it will be special order. We will only carry 06 plastic with stickers in the 3 colors. Stocking 3 different colors with graphics for 6 different years has become very difficult and expensive.

As far as parts availability on hard parts (wear items, breakable items). You shouldn't have a problem anymore...unless you have an 03 quad 300 and you want chassis parts, we haven't built our stock up on that....just yet
Keep up the great work. It is great to see you guys making a push in spite of the economy.

For what it is worth, I think the white/black 2009 WEC bikes look great, although I do prefer the silver rims (which only Nambotin is using). Maybe a 2010 Race Replica is what I need to get.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:47 PM

If it is a decent deal I would totally go for it. The motors, chassis, and suspension on these bikes are fantastic. Does it look like a honda? No. Is it as tough as a Japan bike? I would argue it is a tougher machine through and through. I made a severe mistake at a 3 hour harescramble last year. It was going to be cold out, so I decided to fatten up the jetting. Apparently I can't read a main jet to save my life. Instead of running a 182 I ran a 115. That bike had almost no top end. I also caught a radiator hose on another bike (different class) while leading my class. Lost all my coolant and had to ride nearly 3 miles with no coolant in the bike. Needless to say, the bike survived with no internal damage. And this was a high speed race = WIDE OPEN! Go for it. They are really good bikes. And don't let anybody tell you how bad the resale is on them. Right now, try selling any bike. They are all worth almost nothing. Try selling a 250F.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto9 View Post
Hi everyone,
I am seriously thinking about getting a left over 08 ec 300.
I am a little aprehensive for a few reasons.
1) relibility
2) quality and craftsman of Gas Gas bikes,
3) parts availibility
4) stability of the company
I have never had an exotic bike nor have I even seen a EC 300 in person, so I am in the research process.
Everything I read so far was good, but I'd like to hear from guys that have actual experience with owning and riding them.
Thanks for the input!!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM

Nice story Brian, though it kind of makes me wonder if I have a crank rebuild in my future.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasslbri View Post
...Right now, try selling any bike. They are all worth almost nothing. Try selling a 250F.

Brian
I bet that is hard to do right now!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Site Sponsor

Default oops forgot that part

I forgot to mention we currently have USA version radiator shroud graphics for the blue, and red 06 and older bikes for about half the money of buying the shrouds with graphics OEM.

We are currently working on two different complete sticker kit for all 3 colors with the US sponsors for the 01-06 and the 07-09 bikes...forgot to mention that earlier when discussing plastics.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
I forgot to mention we currently have USA version radiator shroud graphics for the blue, and red 06 and older bikes for about half the money of buying the shrouds with graphics OEM.

We are currently working on two different complete sticker kit for all 3 colors with the US sponsors for the 01-06 and the 07-09 bikes...forgot to mention that earlier when discussing plastics.
What are the 07-09 colors? Red, Blue, and White? Don't some have black shrouds?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:17 PM

I bought a left over 07 EC 300 in February 08. At the time I was considering a KTM also. It was either the GasGas or the not e-start KTM 300 as I didn't want to pay for the brand new e-start KTM. I chose the GasGas simply for the better suspension vs. the no linkage KTM since I couldn't afford the e-start. I have been very happy, and have had no problems ordering parts. Either call GoFasters or do a little research to find the appropriate crossover. Either way parts are readily available.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:51 AM

If you just do your routine maintenance, the Gasser will reward you with total reliability.

Cant go wrong.