Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:05 PM

Default Future for Gasgas 2 strokes

Any takes on what H=Gasgas might do to their 2 strokes for 2010 and so on?

I muself would love to see DI and e-start for 2010 but i dont see it happening.

Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I would also love to see DI, and the e-start has a growing appeal to me, but it's still not a priority. I'd love to see oil injection.

BUT, I've been bitten by media hype, along with my own curiosity for the exotic. The new dirt rider came, and unlike my normal, open, read from front to rear in a very sequential manner, I went straight to the Husaberg. Wow, I love the innovation, the fact that they even thought to chop the engine off and weld it to the top of the tranny. Killer. I also love the shameless way they took Cannondale's genius move to put the fuel cell under the seat, and making the air filter even bigger, and keeping it where the fuel cell would have been. I still prefer two strokes for many reasons, not the least of which is ease of maintenance and bulletproof reliability.

If the day comes that I can't get a two stroke, count me in for the 'Berg.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 10-31-2008, 07:25 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

http://www.ski-doo.com/brphtml/skido...h/en/Index.htm

Pick 600 H.O. E-TEC
Old 10-31-2008, 07:53 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I just reached the Berg article this morning and plan to read it next. Those bikes are real sexy.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 AM

They need a little 300-350 based motor version and a true 400 IMO. Hope the FI also works better than in other KTM's where there seems to be quite a few issues right now. Increasing gas capacity will also be a problem.

Definitely beautiful bikes though and love the blue. I'm so sick of orange/black and I'm a KTM guy from waaaaaaay back. Much prefer the retro colors.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:21 AM

Yes i know all about Ski-doo E-tech revolution. Its truly amazing and as soon as Can-am makes another TNT or Qualifyer i am there to buy one.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:29 AM

The Husaberg is a SICK bike. Had a chance to briefly ride one in Romania, then watched my buddy flog it for 5 days at the Romaniacs (Shane Cuthbertson, 9th overall). These bikes are for real and are probably the best thumper on the market. My only concern with the bike is the KTM swingarm. Bergs have had linkless suspension for a long time, but before the shock was always centered, now it's offset like the KTM.

Right now if I was to buy a thumper, I'm pretty sure it would be an 09 Berg FE450. Or maybe the GasGas FSR450, since it's also EFI.

That said, I still don't like the weight of thumpers or engine braking so I'll keep my EC250. It's still far and away the best enduro bike on the market.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
The Husaberg is a SICK bike. Had a chance to briefly ride one in Romania, then watched my buddy flog it for 5 days at the Romaniacs (Shane Cuthbertson, 9th overall). These bikes are for real and are probably the best thumper on the market. My only concern with the bike is the KTM swingarm. Bergs have had linkless suspension for a long time, but before the shock was always centered, now it's offset like the KTM.

Right now if I was to buy a thumper, I'm pretty sure it would be an 09 Berg FE450. Or maybe the GasGas FSR450, since it's also EFI.

That said, I still don't like the weight of thumpers or engine braking so I'll keep my EC250. It's still far and away the best enduro bike on the market.
The BERG is the real deal. I just got one and it is like riding a 250F but with power. The thing can be flicked around like no thumper on the market today.

Gas Gas and Husky both need to get on the e-start bandwagon as it everyone who has a KTM loves the button. DI is cool, but it will add $700 to the price pretty quick.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:32 AM

Mixing at a 500:1 ratio is worth $700. But yes that Husaberg looks like a very sweet bike in deed.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:25 AM

SDI that BRP uses has not been fool proof. The SDI motors are not lasting as long as carbed motors. My guess is the lack of oil is prematurely wearing them out.