Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 12-01-2006, 08:40 AM

Default Swingarm oring popping out

I noticed on my 05 that after a couple weeks of riding the very right swingarm oring popped out of its bore. My friend has and 05 also and his oring was the same way. It was a simple fix. I just added an extra oring on that side so it couldn't move any further out. I would Imagine other would be having the same problem with nothing but the stiction of the out side of the oring to hold it in.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:53 AM

Thumbs up

Yes, thats what I did when I changed mine over from seals to o-rings.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

The big flat washers slide over the bushing and hold the o-rings in. Make sure those are in place.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:58 PM

Do any of you people know of a good source for motor mount shims. I think I rember sevral years ago an article in one of the magzines about the set up on desert bikes. They made mention of kawasaki have them available as an oe part, but my search has came up short. I know that I could make my own on a belt sander it just takes too long.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:54 AM

Adrian,

For all of my projects I use www.mcmaster.com. They usually have everything I need as far as hardware. If they come up short, I have used suspension shims and transmission shaft thrust washers.

Girard,

Yes, the large shims/washers will retain the o-rings in the linkage, but I assume he is talking about the outboard side swingarm. You could add shims there as well, but the boss in the frame is the same OD as the bearing sleeve. This makes a proper fit difficult while still allowing reasonably easy swingarm installation. I just added a second o-ring with a slightly smaller cross section, that can be compressed on assembly. This has worked fine all year. Even with the factory shims, the o-rings can walk in and out slightly in the link arm, but not enough to break seal. Originally I added additional o-rings there as well but I thought the added stiction was too great.