Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Default Arkansas Champ Gets on the Gas Gas

Fresh up from GunpowderRacing.com

Our Arkansas State Champ races a 300 at the Fox Run Hare Scramble. Hope you enjoy the article.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Banned

Cool interview, thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Rob and I quickly began to set up the bike; moving levers into position, installing hand guards, checking bolts and fluids, adjusting the carburetor, and so on. We knew this was going to be a challenge because we had no service manual, no detail on suspension setup and a compressed time frame to get prepared.
I'm sure it was just an oversite.

Quote:
Come to find out the petcock was in the on position and had done its job by prematurely running out of gas before switching to reserve, we dumped some more gas in and it fired right up. This seven minute mistake put me back to 35th overall
Dood.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:08 PM

WOW! He must have his competion syched out. New bike, no ride time, and some big issues and still 2nd OA.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 AM

Default Champ for a reason.

He not only has everyone psyched out, he's just in better shape than anyone else, and nothing seems to psych him out.

I had to hunt down another GG rider and ask for some help the first time I helped a buddy turn on the fuel on his new bike. Asking for help to turn on the fuel was a bit embarrassing. I'm glad I asked cause I had guessed wrong, and the race was about to start.

I really like watching the fast, smooth guys ride. They don't look like they are going much faster than anyone else but they are never really slowing down much either. Smooth and mistake free is something I never really figured out.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM

A bit of an update, got the fuel mileage issue sorted out- high float level was dumping fuel through the overflow, got jetting sorted- Thanks Jakobi!, very crisp & responsive. This bike literally went from the crate to the line & they didn't have a lot of background info on the bike to get proper setup done, let alone time to get it done right.
I have them a list of things that are known potential issues so they can get them checked out. He rode his first enduro this past Sunday, said he missed a turn on test 2 and spent some 'useless' time in the woods but results haven't been posted as of yet. He was happy with the motor when I talked to him at the gas stop. I did get a message from him about rear brakes fading at both races, so we're looking into that.
Parker is good rider, mostly hare scrambles but will be a good ambassador for the bike. We already have another Arkansas AA guy that bought a 2013 EC300 this past Saturday and is getting it prepped now- Yay!
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 05-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Nice work Fred! It's refreshing to hear this kind of news!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Tags
arkansas, hare scramble, kawasaki sports center