Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default 07/08 stock handle bar size

I want to order some new cycra or ? guards for my new 08 300 before I get it so I have them on hand and can throw them on. What size are the stock bars, same off size as the 06 had?

What brand are you running on your 07/08 GAS GAS with stock bars? Any one try any of the different style mounting options available?

Looking for input on everyones experience!

Thanks,
Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:37 PM

I run barkbusters on mine. http://www.barkbusters.net/HandGuards.htm

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'
Old 02-18-2008, 08:41 PM

Roscoe,

I think '06 and '07 are the same. Also, I held them against my KTM SX bend Renthals that I like and they are VERY close, nice!

I just went back to my OEM triple clamp with a Pro-Tect SUB mount, and the Bike Bonz handguard mounts. Very clean setup, I even got my ICO mounted and my home brew GPS mount still fits. I'll post pics soon but check out cladoo's pics in the gallery, its the same setup. I had a BRP top clamp with pinch bolt mounted handguard mounts that were very good, but they won't work on a GG clamp and the BRP sub mounts only work on new BRP clamps.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Roscoe,

I think '06 and '07 are the same. Also, I held them against my KTM SX bend Renthals that I like and they are VERY close, nice!

I just went back to my OEM triple clamp with a Pro-Tect SUB mount, and the Bike Bonz handguard mounts. Very clean setup, I even got my ICO mounted and my home brew GPS mount still fits. I'll post pics soon but check out cladoo's pics in the gallery, its the same setup. I had a BRP top clamp with pinch bolt mounted handguard mounts that were very good, but they won't work on a GG clamp and the BRP sub mounts only work on new BRP clamps.
Cool! I liked the stock bend on my 06 just fine after I cut them down but had problems with mounting hand guards with standard handle bar mounts because of the handle bar taper.

I will definitely be purchasing the Bike Bonz mounts. Thanks Glenn for that tip.

The stock handlebar clamp on your 07 is 1 1/8" correct?

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Last edited by REVERUP; 02-18-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:56 PM

Default Solution mount

Good timing on the post. I'm still trying to figure out which hand-guard setup to get as well. Until I saw this post I was going to go with the solution mount:
http://store.cycraracing.com/prrapawisomo.html

I was hoping this might be the most flexible option since it mounts on the bar at a point where there's no taper. If I change bars later there *should* be no impact. Of course the same can be said for the Bonz.

I think this is an example of the Cycra Solution mount from the photo gallery:
http://www.gasgasrider.org/gallery//...=all&limit=all

Example of the Bonz setup (with PTEnduro riser/sub-mount)
http://www.gasgasrider.org/gallery//...657&ppuser=136

I'm getting the PTenduro sub-mount as well, so I had emailed Peter (of PTEnduro.com) about the Bonz compatibility and here's his informative response:
Hey Greg,
The Bonz mounts are adaptable to my mount. The spread on my standard mount is 38mm, which is oem for ktm. I think the Bonz for the GG are 40mm. You could buy the bonz mounts for the ktm and it would bolt right up to your
GG mount. Or I could machine my mount to 40mm. Either way it will work.

Peter
Old 02-19-2008, 06:46 AM

Gregarious, just an FYI

Over at KTM Talk there was a recent discussion about mounting the Cycra hand guards to the BONZ mounts. Seems that without allot of bending and tweaking they don't fit. Very difficult to get fit up so people are switching to other guards like the EE style. I see in the photos that Cladoo got the Acerbis to fit ok which are similar looking to the Cycra bends but I have no idea how they compare. I also bought the BONZ mounts to go with my Protech mount (for my KTM) so I am in a similar dilema to find what fits best.

Skidad in MA
Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 AM

Roscoe,

Yes, the '07 comes with 11/8" bars and clamps. I originally bought the Bonz mounts for the BRP SUB mount, so they were the 40mm spread parts (common). If you order a Pro-Tect mount and specify that you will be using the Bonz mounts and do not need a clamp, it should be a few $$ cheaper like mine was.

The EE handguards fit fine with the Bonz mounts, plus I really like the newer outside mount deflectors. The Bonz mounts have three M8 tapped holes for rough adjustment of different bar lengths. I also use the ATek threaded inserts. These are good as the handguard end can be "pulled in" to the bar eaisly by tightening so a perfect bend is no big deal.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:53 PM

Thanks guys looks as if there are some good options out there for a great set up.
I love this site, you guys make finding stuff out so much easier than the trial and error I have done in the past.

Roscoe

Old 02-19-2008, 11:05 PM

And these guys have a product too: Pro Moto Billet FIT System
I made a hybrid using a ProTech Underbar mount and using a Version 2 system from Pro Moto Billet.
I run narrow bars through the trees, so having to cut and bend handguards is just an expected part of bike setup.
And big thumbs up on using Atek bar end inserts. Go Fasters has them I believe.

Dale
Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 AM

I have the Fastway FIT guards. Bolted right on to the stock bars with no fuss.