Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:23 AM

The thing about the FIT system is the mounts are shorter and your forced into the longer Fastway hanguards, correct? Maybe not a big deal, but If I break a handguard and need a replacement fast I can go to the local dealer and get a set of EEs right off the shelf, not so with Fastways.

FWFW, I also heard that the Fastway handguards are not the best, tend to break, could be BS but any truth to this? Other Fastway stuff I've had has been excellent.

What Pete should do is make his own bar clamp/handguard mount to go with the SUB mounts, like the Bonz but one piece. He could even integrate the computer mounts like he does now.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:45 AM

The FIT system does have some issues. The guards are to long and the material may be to soft as well. I bought a set to use but after seeing what my buddy went through during this past enduro season with his they will end up on my dual sport bike. Repeated problems with bending and twisting because of the length and/or material they are made from. He also busted a few sets of the protectors which do crack easily (they did admit to me they had an issue with the orange protectors and sent me an extra set) I also felt the area for your hands was quite small with the new designed tighter bend. (they also sent me these new tighter guards that don't stick out so far for free). Customer service is good for sure but I think there are better guard solutions if you have a habit of taking tree and soil samples.

I bought the BONZ mounts and I asked them if they would make a solid 1 piece top clamp for me so I could mount thinks to it like a computer. They claimed it would be to expensive for such a big piece but I wasn't the first to ask and they may come up with something to tie the 2 mounts together at some point. Maybe if more people ask for it they will build it?

Pete at Protect might consider a big one piece as GMP suggests or maybe something modular that you can add pieces to as needed.

So for me I guess it's the EE style guards with the BONZ mounts and Atek threaded bar inserts and see how it goes. I have read a few reports of people tweaking the BONZ mounts as well. Time will tell.

Skidad in MA
Old 02-20-2008, 12:11 PM

My Fastway T-clamp mounts were indestructable, in fact I used to be concerned I'd snap the bolts or bend the top clamp, never happened though. I hope the Bonz are as good.

I made a simple "T" shaped plate that mounts my ICO ProComp to the Bonz mounts. I use short spacers in one set of the lightening holes. I'd prefer it in front of the mount and lower, but the foward bar position pushes it too far foward into the throttle cable.

I think a ProTect combo clamp/handguard mount would be a no-brainer, as everyone with a SUB mount at least has to get Bonz or standard bar mounts, which suck to deal with on tapered bars. How does his computer mounts fasten now? Bolts through the bottom or are they one piece with the clamp? I say make a generic clamp/mount and have accessories bolt to the top.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroDog View Post
I have the Fastway FIT guards. Bolted right on to the stock bars with no fuss.
Very informative thread here! I'm looking at the Fastway FIT version 2 handguards and wondered which ones will fit the '05 GG w/ stock 7/8 Hebo bars and clamps. Anyone know off the top of their head. I'm trying to free up some space on my bars, and I have one chance to order them before we go to TN to ride this next weekend.

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog...hp/cPath/22_63

Anyone know?

And do any of our site sponsors stock these? If so who? I will place an order tomorrow and would much prefer to support those that support this site.

Thanks