Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:30 AM

Default 09 300 advice needed

Hi Guys
Ive recently bought an 09 EC which is/was a 250 and that's what it was advertised as, I removed head to adjust squish and found it to be a 300, the seller didn't even know ?
So, Ive done squish and now need to sort the carburation out, I'm used to the older N style needles and have a few, the best Ive got it running is, 38P R1368G in 3rd and 168 main.
Its not perfect as it idles ok but feels rich right off bottom, clears in the mid and screams topend, wideopen plugchop delivers a nice tan tip.
Most of my riding will be tight woods and trails, no roadwork or mx and I'm out here in the UK, after 10mins tight 2nd gear woods works (all part throttle 0>1/3rd) and entering fireroad the bike take a few seconds to clearout and smokes heavily, as it clears it normally ends up in a huge wheelie

I have tried the R14** needles but they load up to quickly, I have no knowledge of these newer codes and no items to try. All of my limited knowledge is with 125mx racing back in the day so I have nothing lean enough in my needle selection

I plan to purchase a few needles to try, which needles should be on my shopping list ?

Regards

Chris

Old 03-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
Hi Guys
Ive recently bought an 09 EC which is/was a 250 and that's what it was advertised as, I removed head to adjust squish and found it to be a 300, the seller didn't even know ?
So, Ive done squish and now need to sort the carburation out, I'm used to the older N style needles and have a few, the best Ive got it running is, 38P R1368G in 3rd and 168 main.
Its not perfect as it idles ok but feels rich right off bottom, clears in the mid and screams topend, wideopen plugchop delivers a nice tan tip.
Most of my riding will be tight woods and trails, no roadwork or mx and I'm out here in the UK, after 10mins tight 2nd gear woods works (all part throttle 0>1/3rd) and entering fireroad the bike take a few seconds to clearout and smokes heavily, as it clears it normally ends up in a huge wheelie

I have tried the R14** needles but they load up to quickly, I have no knowledge of these newer codes and no items to try. All of my limited knowledge is with 125mx racing back in the day so I have nothing lean enough in my needle selection

I plan to purchase a few needles to try, which needles should be on my shopping list ?

Regards

Chris
The NEDW needle is highly recommended for smooth power delivery. It should solve your problem with a bit of fine tuning.
What slide is in your carb? My recommendations are for use with a racing #7 slide.
I would suggest a 42 pilot jet and a 175 or 178 main jet.

Good Luck with your bike.
Jim

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 03-05-2017, 11:32 AM

Thanks Jim

Ive been reading a lot and have these few on my list and I'll add your suggestion to

CCK
CEK
N3EG
N3CG
NEDW

I don't have a clue of these sizes etc, just what Ive read

Chris
Old 03-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
Thanks Jim

Ive been reading a lot and have these few on my list and I'll add your suggestion to

CCK
CEK
N3EG
N3CG
NEDW

I don't have a clue of these sizes etc, just what Ive read

Chris
The CCK, CEK and the DDK are all Keihin supplied jet needles. There is a jet needle explanation/comparison chart on the Carb parts warehouse site at: http://www.carbparts.com/keihin/need..._34_39_jn.html
The other jet needles in your list are Suzuki or Yamaha supplied jet needles for the Keihin PWK. You can find them online through your local dealer or the
online parts and accessory retailers.
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 03-09-2017, 08:54 AM

Default Happy Days

Well my new needles arrived and its stopped raining so Ive spent a few hours playing around with this GG, Very quickly I had this dialed in and have great response and power everywhere, and I can now feel the difference in the maps

Ended up with
42pilot
AS 2 out
N3CG in 2nd
172 main

Thanks go to motopsyco87 for his help and parts supplied

Looking forward to riding it this weekend

Chris