Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 11-16-2010, 02:38 PM

Default How About A EC200 ????

I tried to get some info in another thread without much success so I hope maybe I can get more suggestions here. I am going to return to dirt riding after a long absence. I really want to own a GG if possible. I want to start riding Dual Sport events. I figure I'll need to start back with an 200 to make sure I'm going to handle this adventure without killing myself! From what I can find out there should be wiring on the bikes that one can place headlite and tail lites. I believe placing the required equiptment will get me on-road certified here in Ohio. If anyone has accomplished this can you give me details ??? Also, what does everyone think about starting with the 200 ??? We have got a new dealer in central Ohio (2 hrs away) but, I just want to ride a Gas Gas and have fun like I used to. Looking forward to your comments and suggestions and thank you !! The Kid

Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 PM

don't know anyting about how to actually wire up a 200 but you are correct in that some of the older models came pretty much set up so light etc were pretty much plug an play. Not sure of the 09, 10, or 11 models. A two hundred would be a great bike to get back into it on. At 63 you want light and easy to manage power!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:55 PM

Default How About A EC200 ????

Skid, I'm glad you're around to help me........otherwise.......
Old 11-17-2010, 04:17 PM

I like the idea of a 200 also and it's got to be a GasGas for me. I had an 2010 GG 300 that I just gave to my son. It came with a headlight and wiring for the other lights. Give Steve Beane a call at 313-332-4091. He is a GG dealer and has a full lighting kit he sells for the street and knows a ton about the GasGas bikes. Good luck in your quest.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:52 PM

John01, Thanks, I'll try to give Steve a call here soon as I can. I want a new Gas Gas too and the 200 looks like what I need unless someone talks me into a 250 or 300 or........Geez, I just want a Gasser !!! The Kid
Old 11-19-2010, 07:35 AM

The 300 is not violent or basically hard to ride, it has about the same top end power as the 250. If your older and/or have a less aggressive style its a great bike. My only issue is that it it pulls hard off the bottom, and over the course of the day in an enduro with a lot of tight stuff managing the excess power can tire you out more. For dual sport or casual riding where a rest is possible at any time it would be a very nice bike, because it has enough grunt to pull you up and over stuff should momentum fail. The 250 has just a little less off the bottom when you twist, and a little more hit in the midrange. Its eaiser to ride longer in the tight woods where your on and off the throttle constantly, enough but not too much, for me anyway. I don't have much time on 200s but they should take this trade one step farther. I'm planning on a new 200 myself if I can free up the cash in spring, but will keep the 250.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:19 AM

Thanks GMP, That's the kind of feedback I'm looking for. You are right that I'm older and have a few pounds to carry around. I was raised on two strokes and have been away from the dirt scene way to long. I'm excited about getting back to riding dirt and don't want to "over-bike" myself for a while until I'm used to it again.. I don't think it'll take to long tho !!! I do know I want a new Gasser to begin this adventure. I am an old Bultaco rider. I have had alot of great times and years riding those machines, so, I know the Gas Gas and I will have a super relationship !!!! Tom
Old 11-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Mate,
If I were you I would go the 300 as you can lug it like a four stroke or ride it like it was stolen, depending on how you feel.
They are so light and nimble you will be laughing.
The 300 will wear you out if you are racing on the pipe but it sounds like you won't be doing that straight away so uou will have time to bond with it and work out the suspension b4 you get rider fit and start going quicker.
All the best ,
Mark
Old 11-20-2010, 04:23 PM

Hello I'm a girl and there are 2 issues why I prefer the 200.
The 300cc is 105kg approx and the 200cc is 95 kg. 2011 models.
When I fall off, it is very important because I can hardly pick up the 300.
I can't kick start the 300cc ither.
Only if its warm and I dislocate my leg trying for an hour.
Not good if you stall in the middle of a hill.

At the moment I have a 2007 four stroke 450cc Gasser. It rips the ground Its got more torque than an F-18 fighter jet, and Its never broken down on me. However, its too much bike for me. Too heavy and the power is a massive overkill.
Its got electric start thank god. No human leg has been able to kick start my 450cc.

I'd go for the 200cc but Im 60 kgs, if u a big boy it may whimper at a Widow Maker Hill

Technically, the 200cc is a bored down 250cc.
A 300 is a bored up 250cc.
So the 200 has the same parts as the 300cc. Very likely it will never break because all its parts are designed for harder whipping (250cc and 300cc)
Old 11-22-2010, 01:19 AM

hy,
in general you are right, but I gave my EC300 a couple of weeks ago a absolutly beginner girl. She never rode a dirt before and she was very happy with my 300! The 300 is the most easy to ride GG you can buy, because it has torgque.
When you study the tachnical data of the different bikes, you will see that all Motors have different bore and different stroke, which means that the 300 is not only a bored up 250.
For sure the 200 is a bit lighter than the othes, but a 300 is min. 10-15kg less than a 450