Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:10 AM

Default Pre-mix

Has anyone tried Maxima Bio 2T (biodegradable) pre-mix? Any problems/suggestions?

Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 PM

No, but I was wanting to try the Green oil, the biodegradeable stuff from Wally world. I am using Yamalube 2R at the moment, never had a problem with it, and it keeps the combustion chamber reasonably clean.

http://www.getg.com/

Maybe, it is ISO EGD rated, the best rating a 2T oil can get.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:04 PM

Why would you want something that degrades by design in the fuel for your $8K bike? I can see it in a jetski on a lake, but how much two stroke oil really collects in the environment to cause a problem?

You know, I'm getting a little tired of people (mainly the govt) blowing green smoke, and citing flawed data to back it up. What is this stuff? A type of cleaned up castor? Show us real data, not some vague marketing hype so we can decide if its good or not.

Is Al Gore's picture on the bottle?
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 PM

Gore? I was thinking Pelosi... hahahaaa ... don't know, I haven't bought a bottle yet. It is actually more expensive than the Yamalube 2R, $13 for a quart vs. $10.. The dealership where I get the 2R is 40 miles round trip though.

I never had an issue with 2R, just saying that 25 years later another product may be out there that is just as good. I thought Castor 927 was a great product too.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 PM

Castor has great film strength, but its very dirty. I just get Amsoil Dominator set to my door by the gallon for the same you pay for the Yamalube. Even cheaper if your a dealer or have a friend thats a dealer. Been using it for over ten years (used to be called Series 2000) with great results. I hate driving to the nearest decent dealer to pay MSRP for oil by the quart.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Is Al Gore's picture on the bottle?
Is Cheney Lube safe for o-ring chains?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:08 AM

Does the Cheney lube come out in neon so you don't get mistaken for a deer and get shot while riding in the woods?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:26 PM

I've used a bunch of different oils like Ammsoil Dominator, Yamalube 2R, Spectro SX, and Sthil High Performance oil. Maybe I shouldn't admit this but even mixed the remnants of all of the above together to make enough to mix 10 gallons of gas. I'm thinking of going with Lucas 2 stroke synthetic blend mainly because it's cheap and available at O'Reilly Auto Parts stores. I would like to know how Lucas is about keeping power valves clean.

I do put a lot of stock in synthetics, if an oil is not at least a synthetic blend I won't even consider it. That, most likely, would rule out your bio oil for me.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 PM

On one of my computers I have an old pic of the head and PV from my '03 after a year of burning Dominator. When I transfer and consolidate everything over to my new laptop I'll find and post it. Ron had cut the head so it started out highly polished. It was stained brown slightly, thats it. I'm not switching.

One green product that is truly great is NoToil, because it solves the real problem for most people without commercial shops of dirty solvent disposal. I've heard the poo poo slung by some guys about how it doesn't catch as much dust, but from my experience, if you shake it well and dry the filter well before use, its great. To be fair I have to give this one to Al Gore, but he loses on the bio oil, ethanol gas, and the litttle floureset light bulbs full of mercury.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:29 PM

It says the Bio oil is part synthetic.. You can also mix it with 10% ethanol gasoline for a total Gore experience.