Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:34 PM

Unhappy Clark tank problem

When I purchased my bike, the PO had reinstalled the stock tank but included the Clark. Couple weeks back I put the larger tank on but apparently the threads were messed up on a couple of the nuts in the tank. I ended up getting a new fuel pump ring and cutting the old one off so I could get the bolts out. Problem is, the plastic that protects the nuts and seals the tank broke off two of the nuts. The tank is obviously useless if it leaks so I'm looking for ideas on how to reseal that.

A gasket wouldn't help as it would still seep around the bolt itself. About all I could come up with were two things: 1. Plastic dip! I don't think it would be chemical resistant however. 2. Cut off the rest of the plastic on the inside, get a rubber fender washer and try to seal it from the inside using a standard nut (probably need a small girl for this to get in thru the fill cap).

A friend has a DR and wants to go riding, but with the sad range of the stock tank vs his 120 miles stock tank, I'd spend more time looking for gas stations that enjoying myself.

A new tank is out of the question - I'll be purchasing a house soon.

Any thoughts appreciated

Old 09-30-2008, 05:08 PM

After 20 days you may not need this but......

I have in the past, used silicone RTV to seal up a tank.

The plastic must be clean (no gas or oil) and you have to let it dry fully before it sees fuel. A few days is good.

This is bush league hacking. Do at your own risk. (but it has worked for me)