Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:07 PM

Caravan, It is the 4-2M metering rod. I had a 3-2 and called Lectron and they had me switch to a 4-2M. It is easier to tune, but no better at idling. I will try the reeds. Do reeds have an effect on idling?

Old 06-20-2017, 06:08 PM

Aside from the idle issue, I absolutely love the bike as much as my KTM. But the idling issue is driving me bananas.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sure I've experienced similar on both my engines.

If I wind the idle up the bike will idle too high for me. Dropping the slide will make it want to idle nicely for a bit and then drops really low. I just continue adjusting all circuits for off idle response, with intent to have the slide all but shut at idle. It drops straight back into a nice steady tick over at temp, in neutral. In gear it will drag a bit and may die out after a few seconds.

Never had an issue with it being hard to start, or stalling without poor input on my behalf. Sometimes needs a little clearing on long downhills, but that's the norm for most brands too.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:01 PM

Whilst on the lectron subject. I'm thinking of upgrading to a lectron as I ride at different altitudes ranging from sea level to 1500m..my 38 needs the needle to be dropped n raised to facilitate this and is a pain in the ass as many times I'm not aware it's going to be an issue until I get there and begin riding.
So my question is, is the lectron auto compensating for changes in air pressure? If adjustments need to be made then is it an easy track side adjustment?
Apologies if I've hijacked this thread.
Thanks
Jc
Old 06-21-2017, 01:11 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox76y View Post
So my question is, is the lectron auto compensating for changes in air pressure? If adjustments need to be made then is it an easy track side adjustment?
I couldn't say from own experience, as I ride mostly from 0 to 300 m above sea level. But Lectron states that it does.
Have a look at
https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/tech

Sent fra min E5603 via Tapatalk

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 08-14-2017, 02:31 PM

My understanding is that any issue with the reeds can cause issues with low speed running. With low speed running, the charged air/fuel mixture can be pushed back through the carb as the piston descends, picking up more gas on the way back and more still the next time the rises. This results in a very rich condition. At higher revs the intake air is travelling at a higher velocity and this is less of a problem.

If I'm wrong somebody will no doubt correct me but this is how I figure it out, backed up by my experience of how my bike ran before I replaced my chipped reeds. I do however wonder about the plastic v-force reed block. When I replaced the reeds I noticed that the block appeared to be slightly worn at the corners and I don't know whether this is normal or whether it is affecting the seal with the new reeds fitted.