Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Site Sponsor

One of the tricks to keeping an older style GG sub-frame from cracking is to check that there is no "side-loading" on the 4 mounting points of the sub-frame where its bolted to the frame.

What I mean by "side-loading" is when the sub-frame is being bolted to the frame all of the bolt holes should line up with very little pressure needed to align the holes of the sub-frame to the holes on the frame.

The more pressure it takes to force the bolt holes of the sub-frame to line up with frames bolt holes the greater the chance that the sub-frame will crack because that pressure remains constant on the subframe.

The same problem can happen if your muffler / spark arrestor (SA) needs a little persuading when you install it as well.

When installing the muffler / SA check that the mounting tabs on the sub-frame are in line with the mounting tabs on the muffler / SA. If their not you may have to use a couple of flat washers to shim the tabs so there's no side-loading when its bolted down.

Another thing that can cause the muffler / SA to be out of aligment is the stinger on the end of the pipe may be out of shape due to crashing or a missing or deformed "silent block" (the rubber bushing that the supports the pipe.)

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist

Old 01-11-2007, 08:38 AM

I know in my case I'm a little hard on them. I have wore my boots through the side of them on sevral times. I'm assuming the air box isn't any better either. Its sounds like I'm hearing stick with the old stuff because the new design isn't any better. I mean I allready need a seat and subframe. Ive been on the fence with this for over a month.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:12 PM

I put the complete 07 tail section on my 06 ISDE bike! Everything bolts right up. I was even able to use the old style air filter setup, not the quick release (saved a few bucks there and it works just as well with plenty of room to get the bolt out). I am only waiting on FMF to make a new spark arestor for it (probably 2 more weeks). I was able to use the old silencer, with the help of a big spacer. (still doesn't fit the greatest, but will work for now).

Daniel Janus

2007 Gas Gas 250
2006 Gas Gas 250
2002 Gas Gas 125
Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 AM

Danno please tell me more. Did you use the airbox for the 2000 and older bikes? Did you use the the 2007 seat? What was the cost for what you did?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:28 PM

I had to buy the 07 airbox, but I used the 06 airboot and filter cage setup. Ya I got the 07 seat. You have to use it with the 07 back end.

Daniel Janus

2007 Gas Gas 250
2006 Gas Gas 250
2002 Gas Gas 125
Old 11-03-2007, 11:04 AM

brining this back to the top again,looking to convert my 06,anyone have any hard numbers for completed price(anything exta besides whats already listed)and whats needed without the quick change airbox assembly? thanks kevin