Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:25 PM

Default Neck Braces

For those of you that wear a neck brace when riding, what brand are you using and how do you like the fit ?? I have an older thor chest protector and I'm not sure how well one would fit with this . I recently met a tree up close and I feel this is a piece of equipment I should be wearing.
Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Old 05-14-2018, 01:29 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I have the first version of Leatt and use a thor sentinel (i think, its old) chest protector that i had to trim slightly to fit the brace into.

It takes about 2 rides to get it set up properly and then you hardly notice it. I think the helmet makes a big impact on how it fits. I recently got a leatt helmet and it is better than my airoh
Old 05-14-2018, 11:58 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

A couple years ago I switched from the "foam toilet seat" to an older Leatt GPX Trail brace. It takes a bit to get it fit correctly. There can be some interference with other gear and you need to determine if you will wear it above or below your jacket. Once fit correctly you almost forget you are wearing it.

My biggest complaint is during group riding, I tend to look behind me often to make sure we did not lose anyone. Significant head rotation is difficult and it seems to cause pressure points, chaffing and wear on my neck. I suppose I can fix this if I always ride last but that is no fun ;-)