Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:53 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

It has been a long time since I owned a GG. Long time since I posted here. The Ranger definitely peaked my interest. I've been bugging Josh at St. Hilaire Motorsports. I'm very interested in the 2019 Beta 200RR and the Sherco 300 Sef-r. I'm not ready to buy anything but I'm watching...

Old 07-18-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muellersq View Post
I wonder about the "new" two map switch for cdi. Mine from 2006 got one already...
I noticed that as well. My '12 had one. But my '18 does not.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrider View Post
It has been a long time since I owned a GG. Long time since I posted here. The Ranger definitely peaked my interest. I've been bugging Josh at St. Hilaire Motorsports. I'm very interested in the 2019 Beta 200RR and the Sherco 300 Sef-r. I'm not ready to buy anything but I'm watching...
Expect to see all the details in November at EICMA.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:28 PM

I don?t have the option of waiting with me bikeless and race season around the corner.

The only way I could be influenced to wait is with solid information on what the XCR can do. Heck, If Icould contemplate it suiting my needs, I could buy and old YZ250 and race it for six months and then sell it and get the Gasser. If I see data.

Absent that information, I?ll consider pulling the trigger on a really cool and blinged-out, used X-Trainer which is essentially an X-Trainer frame with every other part coming from an RR. But that decision has to be made and transacted within a month (or less).

So, the clock is ticking. Gas Gas might not care about one sale. But I do.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
I don?t have the option of waiting with me bikeless and race season around the corner.

The only way I could be influenced to wait is with solid information on what the XCR can do. Heck, If Icould contemplate it suiting my needs, I could buy and old YZ250 and race it for six months and then sell it and get the Gasser. If I see data.

Absent that information, I?ll consider pulling the trigger on a really cool and blinged-out, used X-Trainer which is essentially an X-Trainer frame with every other part coming from an RR. But that decision has to be made and transacted within a month (or less).

I think you're SOL on the ECR Rick, best to just pretend you didn't even know it existed if your timeline won't match up. I still don't see why you'd favor an X trainer with any list of mods over the 18/19 GASGAS EC 250/300 for our deserts/race season. And since you mention it, the YZ 250 plan may not be a bad one. Hell, I've got a KTM 200 I'll rent ya for races for a modest price while you wait
Old 07-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
If you were serious. you could buy a GG EC/XC and have the suspension lowered.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:21 PM

Serious? Not sure what that means.

Serious racer? I'm a slow 50B, with mid-pack C speed. As likely to pull over to help someone get unstuck from a shrub as I am to vie for a decent finish.

Serious buyer? Money burning a hole in my pocket.

I am considering the modded X-Trainer because I want to go in a different direction. Emphasize fun over speed. I barely tapped the power of my 2011 GG.

As well, the left-over '18 GG (equiped with Rekluse, guards, etc) will cost me about $4500 (the '19 even worse) more than this particular X-Trainer frame with RR motor, ECU and supension, Rekluse, guards, etc. And I'd be getting gobs of spares.

I have ridden another not-quite-as-modded-as-this X-Trainer (WP forks and Ohlins shock, Scalvini pipe), and it was a way fun. Yes, the geometry might not be optimal for a Fast B-Racer, but it will probably be good enough for me.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:05 PM

More info on the XCR.

https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-ge...odels-revealed

Quote:
New Ranger model

The biggest news from the 2019 model launch is the new trail friendly ECR Ranger aimed at the everyday, more hobby Sunday rider in 250 and 300cc two-stroke capacities. The Ranger is born into a competitive market place with Beta?s X-Trainer proving a popular bike because of its all-round easy nature and competitive price tag.

Gas Gas?s decision to basically de-tune the Racing model for the Ranger could be a savvy one: it has the same looks, same frame and swingarm, basic engine, KYB suspension (softened and providing a 40mm lower seat height) and Excel rims.

Quote:
Looking more closely it is not hard to see where money has been saved in production. Details like lower spec J Juan brake calipers, different brake discs and triple clamps for example are not the same but we?d expect that from a bike in this bracket of the enduro market.

The proof is in the pudding and in our initial test ride it was a surprisingly good bike. As you?d expect it is very much like an accessible and softer version of its racier siblings without being too soft. We?ll go into more detail in a separate story so stay tuned.
Quote:
Well-priced

The ECR Ranger will arrive in 250 and 300 versions in the white colours to distinguish it from the red Racing and GP models.

The Ranger?s price tag of around ?1000/?1000 less than EC Racing model puts it in ballpark with the Beta X-Trainer.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Not enough RED as far as looks .
Old 07-19-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Dud View Post
Not enough RED as far as looks .
I do like the blue color of my 2006 more than the nowadays red but a white bike would be ok, too :-)

muellersq

Last edited by muellersq; 07-19-2018 at 04:22 AM.