Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 03-21-2007, 05:20 PM

Question Fuel Pump Clips Broken

I have an '03 400 FSE that has been in the shop for some time with top end work being done. With the fuel tubes being removed everytime the fuel tank came off, the clips that lock the fuel tube in place have broken. So far, the dealer has been unable to locate just the clips that are broken, and the dealer cost for the pump is $460.00 (similar automotive clips are $2.00 each....yes the dealer already tried the only 1/4 inch automotive clips they could find, but they don't even come close to fitting).

1) I figured that with the cage around the fuel tube inlet still intact, I could probably keep the tube locked in place by lacing two small zip-ties in an "X" pattern across the cage openings above the lock ring on the fuel tube, but I'd rather do it right, if I can do it without buying a $460.00 pump for a $2.00 clip, so....

2) Does anyone know where I might obtain these clips?

3) Does anyone have an old pump (they changed it the next year, so it would have to be from an '02 or '03) that is inoperative but still has the clips intact?

4) Does anyone know if Magneti Marelli. who manufactured the Fuel Injection Throttle Body for this bike, manufactured the fuel pump also? I understand that they also did the fuel injection for Ducatti, so if they also make the pump, Ducatti may be another source fior the clips, if not Magneti Marelli themselves.

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 03-21-2007, 07:35 PM

Also some of the first FI Harleys. I know my V Rod has a newer Delphi ECU but not sure about the TB/injectors. Since there are HD shops on every corner, take the parts and see if they can match then up. Worth a shot if a Duc dealer is not in the area.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Fuel line retention clips

I had the same problem recently. After the rebuild every time we fired up the bike the pressure kept blowing the fuel line out spilling gas all over the hot motor. I found some chevy retention clips at a NAPA parts store that I think might have worked, however they were kind of an oval shape on bottom where the GG was completely round. I think I could have sanded some of it off to round and it would have worked but didn't make it that far since I found a used set of clips from North Tahoe Motor Sports (Bob Piper). Unfortunatley, I got the last set of used clips he had and he quoted me about $56 bucks for a new set. The GG parts number is ME250036063. Hope it helps and good luck, seriously good luck since most dealers I talked to couldn't even find the part in the book. If all else fails give Bob Piper a call since he's familiar with it and found the parts number reference for me. 775-831-0472.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:18 PM

Yep. It happened to me too. Lowsy design IMO. I called Gran Prix Cycle in Albany, Or. at (541) 926-3139 and he sent me a Motion Pro quick disconnect 5/16. Part no. 3713 4605 3501 001. It has a spring loaded push lever which disconnects. Very well thought out. The cost was $17.95 but he charged me 9.00 shipping! Hope this helps. Also Nick might have the oem part in by now.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1