Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:10 PM

Default White Plastics

What do you think about this. It was seen the past week in the Memorial Toni Soler race.

http://embarrados.com/gasgas/viewtopic.php?t=4586
And here a very nice bike.

http://endureros.com/moto-enduro-postt32765.html

Old 03-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I like it! White with Gas Gas red accents in the graphics would be even more appealing.

Man the racing versions sure look nice with the black swing arms and wheels when their new. I know the black looks old fast though so I don't want the black on my ride, give me bare aluminum.

Thanks for sharing.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 PM

I really love white plastics and think Gas Gas should offer it as an option like KTM does. My early KTM's with the white plastic and orange/red frames are some of the best looking KTM's ever. The current orange/black bikes are boring.

The other bike looks awesome. I really like the red hubs but not the black rims.

Skidad in MA
Old 03-01-2008, 09:42 PM

I had a white Husky 510 and XR400. That would look like crap in no time. Once the gloss is worn off, everything sticks to and stains the surface easy. First thing I'd get for a new white GG is red plastic. JMO, but to each is own.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I had a white Husky 510 and XR400. That would look like crap in no time. Once the gloss is worn off, everything sticks to and stains the surface easy. First thing I'd get for a new white GG is red plastic. JMO, but to each is own.
Respectfully disagree here. I never had a problem keeping my white platic looking good even after the gloss was gone BUT you do have to stay on top of it. Straight Formula 409 and a soft scrub brush and the stuff would clean up really great for me. The best cleaner I've found recently is Spectro Motorcycle Wash. The stuff is amazing and so is the price $$$. I use it very sparingly along with straight Simple Green or Mr Clean.

It looks from the pics that indeed it's white plastice with red GG decals. Still love those red hubs on the other bike.

Skidad in MA
Old 03-02-2008, 12:55 PM

I agree with the 409 and soft scrub. My 90 Yanaha WR 250 was all white and cleaned up very nice.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 03-02-2008, 08:51 PM

My XR looked pretty good too, just a lot more work if you wanted it buffed. The worst areas were the spots where your boots and knees rubbed, or the fender behind the exhaust. The best color for holding its looks is silver. My Cannondale looked like new after a year. Thing is you have to like silver.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 PM

I gotta agree with Glenn on this one. I don't think I'd ever want white plastic. Granted that may be in part of my once a week or before a race washing ritual (I usually ride 3-5 times a week).

For race plastic it would be cool.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
I gotta agree with Glenn on this one. I don't think I'd ever want white plastic. Granted that may be in part of my once a week or before a race washing ritual (I usually ride 3-5 times a week).

For race plastic it would be cool.
Yeah, If you ride 3-5 times a week (you lucky dog you) white would stink. Race plastic it could work fine.

Skidad in MA
Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 AM

I like white too. My Duc is now white, my old '91 Husky 610 has the original white so I think it appropriate that my new-to-me MC 250 also become white. I'm not interested in maintaining a "pristine" dirt bike anyway. It does have white # plates but are any of the other pieces available in white available from anyone? I did see someone mention that '98 (?) kawi fenders supposedly fit, so maybe all I need to find is cowls and airbox covers to achieve white out?

Speaking of the old husky. The white plastic on that thing was about as bad as it could get. It had been sitting outside in the sun, dirt and grease caked with the outer surfaces completely oxidized to a dull gray. I actually took cabinet scrapers, sanders, whatever to it and scraped down to fresh plastic then rubbed it out. I didn't get too carried away as it IS a dirt bike, afterall...

I did buff out one section just to see how it would come out and with a little effort one can achieve a newish looking finish.