Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 01-17-2019, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck and looking forward to the next update.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:08 PM

Did the re-valve this past week and took it out Sunday on our work day for our race. Didn't really get to hammer it much but I did get some idea of how it feels now.

I figured this was going to be a lot softer but it wasn't. I set the clickers at full out so I could compare it directly with what I had been running. Seems to soak up trail junk now but I was having some sketchy moments of it. Had to slow the rebound by 3 clicks to get it under control. So, PFP full out, compression full out, rebound 23 clicks in. While I am at extremes, it feels pretty good. This coming weekend I'll be back to my normal testing ground so I'll get a better feel for how it's actually working..
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 06-07-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
Ah, ok. Had me really confused there. Yes, that is exactly how it came out. The other side matched exactly.
I am a newbie when it comes to working on suspension. I am curious about the Compression stack and orientation of the compression valve. On all the pictures I can find the large opening port side of the compression valve is on the shimstack side. In your youtube video it shows the small ports on the valve against the shim stack. With your current shim stack are you still having to run with the compression adjuters full out? The other thing I noticed is your compression stack is the opposite direction of everyone else's stack. Could it need to be using the smaller valve ports? Then also with the larger ports they are against the check plates. Could this cause it to flow more oil in the rebound direction? To me this could explain having to turn in rebound more and turn out compression more and backoff pfp to 0.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in. Unfortunately if you flip the compression valve over and reverse the shim stack you may have to start at ground 0 and then revalve from there to your liking.

I have watched your video several times as I am having issues of my own. I had a shop replace seals, bushings and they revalved as well. It feels like there is some kind of binding or hydro lock going on in mine. The first inch or so seems to take alot of force to start moving the forks down in the stroke. I have removed some compression shims that they put in but the issue persists. My forks were also shortened 30mm beforeaI bought them so it may complicate my issue. Although I used them for 3 years and they seemed to work much better than they do now.

I'm not sure what my next step will be with my forks, but the deflection I'm getting now is taking the joy out of riding my dirt bike.

Last edited by kenfm2000; 06-07-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:32 PM

Like I mentioned on Youtube, I'm not sure which direction the base valve should sit. I just put it back in the way I pulled it out. Yes, hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in and confirm whether my setup is correct or not. I have another set of the 48 PFP's but haven't disassembled them yet to take a look.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220