Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:52 PM

Default Clutch oil color

hi guys, just wondering if this oil color is normal?

Forgot to tell you that this oil has 4h.

EC 300 2018

thx

Old 02-15-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eralha View Post
hi guys, just wondering if this oil color is normal?

Forgot to tell you that this oil has 4h.

EC 300 2018

thx
It looks milky to me. I would check your coolant level, as it appears you may have a leaking water pump seal.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
It looks milky to me. I would check your coolant level, as it appears you may have a leaking water pump seal.
the coolant level is normal, it is not loosing coolant that is the strange part.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:15 PM

When you say 4 hours, do you mean that the engine is new and has run for 4 hours or it is 4 hours since you changed the oil?

If it is 4 hours since an oil change, was the last oil like this or have you changed oil brand? What oil are you using?

I would drain the oil and run it through a coffee filter paper to see what's in it. Like an old teabag for instance.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfHucker View Post
When you say 4 hours, do you mean that the engine is new and has run for 4 hours or it is 4 hours since you changed the oil?

If it is 4 hours since an oil change, was the last oil like this or have you changed oil brand? What oil are you using?

I would drain the oil and run it through a coffee filter paper to see what's in it. Like an old teabag for instance.
4h since last Change, last oil was white Gray about 20h on it. It does not seem to me that its coolant since it does not lose it, at least that i notice.

Im using Castrol power 1 100% synt
Old 02-15-2019, 05:13 PM

Have you been riding in deep water? Has the right side power valve vent re-routed? It is possible to pull water through this vent hose if doing deep water crossings. I re-route this and zip-ty it to the upper rad hose.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:11 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
Have you been riding in deep water? Has the right side power valve vent re-routed? It is possible to pull water through this vent hose if doing deep water crossings. I re-route this and zip-ty it to the upper rad hose.
That will do it. Riding into water that is much colder than the engine can cause a pressure change that will suck water in through the vent hoses. Routing them high can reduce / eliminate that problem.

If you have not ridden in water since you last changed oil, you probably have a small leak in the water pump seal, clutch case gasket or cylinder base gasket.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
That will do it. Riding into water that is much colder than the engine can cause a pressure change that will suck water in through the vent hoses. Routing them high can reduce / eliminate that problem.

If you have not ridden in water since you last changed oil, you probably have a small leak in the water pump seal, clutch case gasket or cylinder base gasket.
I do some river crossing on my rides, nothing deep, and at the end i pressure wash it, this weekend i did a top end after 100h, and the PV cover was like this:

Old 02-18-2019, 06:46 PM

Default Clutch oil color

My 2018 is terrible about doing this. Pretty sure it’s the PV vent as stated above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by memphis2857; 02-21-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

I've ran my PV vent back into the air intake.. the XC and US models probably have it blanked off, but mine had some other breathers running there..

I drowned my bike last ride and my oil looks alright still.