Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 AM

Mcmaster.com has a lot of stuff like this. GasGas must have a container full of those grommets, used on the rads and battery box. A little silicone grease keeps all that rubber stuff you forget about from drying out and cracking.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Site Sponsor

Default shipping and fasteners

I probably should respond more on here in regards to costs, parts availability, shipping costs, but i normally let Clay do all the talking because he is good at it..and at drinking beer!

I always find myself making excuses for parts pricing but in reality other than some components (brake levers, shifters, plastics, etc) GasGas pricing is in line with most of the European competitors and in some instances cheaper! In those area's of higher costs, GoFasters and others have always pushed for aftermarket product, but truth is, its hard to convince aftermarket companies to make, maintain and support parts that may or may not only sell 50 to 100 pieces per year for the whole US market. Hammerhead, Clarke, and others have tried to help the GG market but can't make profitable on limited parts sales.

For GoFasters, and fasteners for example...the triple clamp bolt that is being discussed 7mm x 30 allen head (t0307030). Its a special bolt that most places wont have. We order 100 at a time from Spain and it takes about 2 years to turn that inventory around. Retail is $6.05 a piece, before we pay shipping our cost last time was over $2.26, then put dealer margin in between. Look at the time it takes to make that profit back. Now consider a whole wall of fasteners, bolts, seals for 1996 through today, sitting in inventory.

Also, our shipping calculator is just a program from the website company that estimates costs. We do now ship USPS again because of the complaints in shipping costs in UPS. We have $3.00 handling on all packages, as most company's do, it takes time to pull and process a bunch of fasteners, parts, box it, tape it...etc. But we always try to ship the cheapest way possible.

Yes, Amazon is way cheaper, trust me I would love to be at the level of Amazon and tell UPS to lower our costs.. but we're not, yet UPS evaluates our shipping every year and gives us rates based on history, of course our numbers would be higher if we didn't try to save the customers costs by shipping US Postal..kind of a catch 22!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:40 AM

Hi Mark,

I mean no disrespect to your company. I'm new to GasGas and it's clear that without you, we'd be up the creek as consumers. I definitely have the same gripes with my Japanese bikes. I also know nothing in this world is free and you as a company need money to keep the doors open for us!

I appreciate the knowledge on the shipping prices.

I was hoping someone somewhere has found these pesky rubber grommet alternatives.

Thank you again. I've already placed an order with you. I'm sure I'll have many more.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Something UPS won't tell it's customers. UPS will pick up your package from you, but relies heavily on USPS to handle a large percentage of the packages they have. This is especially true in a lot of rural areas.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Banned

Don't believe Mark. He's getting rich. He lives by himself in a 10 bedroom lake house in Minnesota. He drives an Escalade with big wheels and tires. His dog has a diamond collar.......
He's getting rich on those nuts and bolts!
Mark......Just kidding!
When Mark and I were in Europe we BOTH drank a lot of beer!
I have really relied on Mark with Gas Gas history and help in a lot of different areas. I know there are a lot of you guys who want Gas Gas to be successful here in the US but I don't think anyone wants it anymore than Mark.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:59 AM

I only asked about where to get a pinch bolt. I did not complain about shipping although I would be a little despondent knowing it will cost about 12 bucks for that bolt. Not that I don't understand...because I do...I hadn't even asked a dealer/gofasters because I just assumed it would cost that much. Many times you can ask a question like...Hey...where can I get oneof these and they know a place that just happens to stock them and they are cheaper than standard bolts...now I am being silly.

I won't go so far as to apologize for something I didn't do but I think we would all be hosed without GOfasters. I am not always blown away by their awesomeness, but I think they do a good job and are pretty fair while being the only game in town/the USA

Viva la Gofasters
Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Site Sponsor

Default oops

Sorry if i implied anything negative at all about any inquiries on bolts or hardware. I just wanted to explain some costs and issues. We all want GasGas to be bigger and better, but difficult to do without MAJOR resources (money)..so we start small and grow like most company's do! I've heard many times at many conventions "in order to make a million in the powersports business, you had to start with a million". GoFasters didnt start that way....but if we had a million I'd through it all at GasGas growth in the USA...well, maybe not all of it.

Its great having this forum and despite the fact that I tend to stay off most chats, i do read it and it helps me know what the general GasGas person wants. I had started with a bolt kit idea a few years back but with importer changes, it fell off, until now. I have made two calls this morning to start creating a special GasGas bolt kit, ideas are more than welcome so PM me on here if there are certain fasteners you would like to see.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
I only asked about where to get a pinch bolt. I did not complain about shipping although I would be a little despondent knowing it will cost about 12 bucks for that bolt. Not that I don't understand...because I do...I hadn't even asked a dealer/gofasters because I just assumed it would cost that much. Many times you can ask a question like...Hey...where can I get oneof these and they know a place that just happens to stock them and they are cheaper than standard bolts...now I am being silly.

I won't go so far as to apologize for something I didn't do but I think we would all be hosed without GOfasters. I am not always blown away by their awesomeness, but I think they do a good job and are pretty fair while being the only game in town/the USA

Viva la Gofasters

Steve,
It wasn't even taken as a complaint....just an opportunity for me to poke Mark!
Clay
Old 08-30-2012, 06:44 PM

He needs to be poked with those darn shipping prices!

Old 08-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
He needs to be poked with those darn shipping prices!

ouch! I do like an option between UPS and USPS. As my spouse works for USPS. As Steve from Plus one performance has come to realize UPS is sacrilege in my house.