Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:54 AM

Default dual sport de250, how , and what states

. I read some were talking about new state computer systems that check to see if the bike number is legal, rather than if it is illegal. In other words, in the past , the serial number would give the bike away as a comp dirt bike.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this. I want to put my new 05 GG on the road and heard something about the 07 having give away serial numbers by omission. Instead of the serial # giving it up as a comp bike, the number has to confirm it as street legal

I want to register the bike in GA, and I think if I can get a GA title the work is done, since they won't title dirt bike, and the serial number won't alert the insurance company(I went throught this with a IT250-had title as xt250 and license plate and serial number told insurance company it was a comp bike)

I also have TX residency and could finagle Tenessee residency since I lived there for a while. Any body have advice and know the rules of each state?

Matt

Old 10-17-2006, 06:25 AM

I don't know what states do and don't. I recently titled an XR650R in SC without a problem. I'm going to try a '02 xco250 maybe even today, which should tell me if SC is up to date or not. I would help you if need be get it done in SC. Afterall we are neighbors, I live about 15 minutes from the GA state line in Aiken, SC

Tim