Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 04-30-2013, 08:47 AM

Default NETRA Tuxedo Ridge HS

Any of the NETRA guys going?

This is a tough but fun event on a ski slope. Not in my series but too close to my house to pass up. Weather looks great all week into the weekend, and only a little rain yesterday, so it should be great.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:16 PM

I haven't heard anybody in the club that I'm in(Stateline) say anything good about that race, unfortunatly. I'll be heading out to the WNYOA race in Van Etten this weekend. I know it's a great track out there, and I always seem to do well there for some reason. Good luck to you though.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Glen,

I am a strong maybe What Netra class do you run

Ed
Old 05-02-2013, 09:05 PM

I'll be riding A/B Super Senior. Probably on my old bike. For me it's just a fun race, warm up for the ECEA points races ahead. Also only about 30 min. from my house.

The complaints I heard were about sign up. It's a one day event, and draws some ECEA crowd as well as the NETRA regulars, so it can get hectic. The club is doing a good job improving things. Get there early.

The course itself is awesome. First year was tougher with more rocky uphills and some bottlenecks. To fix this, the tougher stuff was run downhill last year, but it was sloppy so it was a wash. Weather is supposed to be great, only a little rain this past Monday so basically dry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-03-2013, 04:40 AM

I will be riding in the afternoon so hopefully signh up wont be bad. I have a netra transponder just dont remember if it is programed for my sportsman number or B senior.

Any way I am a maybe, I am riding saturday or sunday this weekend just not sure where. I have not riddin at Tuexedo and here it can be tough/rocky , just what my 300 likes

I will look for you if I show up

ED
Old 05-03-2013, 07:55 AM

Ed,

I use my old ECEA cylinder type transponder and have it flashed with a day number, hope NETRA uses the same this year. In ECEA we use the tape type on the helmet visor like in the nationals.

Yeah is tough and rocky, its NETRA! I'm going to run my old bike with a trials tire, haven't raced with a TT ia a long time. Plus its setup more plush like a NETRA bike than my '12. First year I had a hard time getting past a guy with a TT, seemed to work real well in the dry rocks there. Last year in the mud an MT16/Tubliss was great. I'm just out for fun and to try a few things, not sweating the results.

I'll be in either my Tundra Crewmax or friends Jeep, with trailer. #142.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:06 PM

Glen,

I did not make it. Something's up with my 300, it wont rev clean. Even in nuetral. My Husky is stock suspended and to stiff. Plus I am going out of town for work, I gained some points to put in the bank with my wife

How was it?

Ed
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM

Hi Ed,

Tough, as expected. A lot like last year's course, but dusty not muddy. Big open slopes were loose, with loose rocks. I made a big mistake riding my '07 and running a trials tire. I fought the bike on every big loose uphill and silty turn. It just would not hook up. Better in the gnarly woods, but the fork is to soft for the downhill rock gardens after riding the '12 for awhile. I should have just ran it, it would have been a bit stiff in the woods but perfect everywhere else. Ended up 6th in A/B SSR. Had to stop for a few and pull a bent shifter from under the ignition cover.

My brother recently got a Husky TXC310. Nice bike, even got a Jersey tag! In Hancock last week I thought it was pretty good for a stock bike. Shock maybe a little stiff and fork maybe a bit soft.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 PM

I checked out your results,not bad,atleast your lap times were consistant. It looks like there was a bunch of ECEA guys down there.

Did you go to the Kukumunda(sp) ride in Hancock? I was down there last weekend.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Hi Ed,

Tough, as expected. A lot like last year's course, but dusty not muddy. Big open slopes were loose, with loose rocks. I made a big mistake riding my '07 and running a trials tire. I fought the bike on every big loose uphill and silty turn. It just would not hook up. Better in the gnarly woods, but the fork is to soft for the downhill rock gardens after riding the '12 for awhile. I should have just ran it, it would have been a bit stiff in the woods but perfect everywhere else. Ended up 6th in A/B SSR. Had to stop for a few and pull a bent shifter from under the ignition cover.

My brother recently got a Husky TXC310. Nice bike, even got a Jersey tag! In Hancock last week I thought it was pretty good for a stock bike. Shock maybe a little stiff and fork maybe a bit soft.

Glen
The shock is to stiff for me also, the fork feels ok but has to much spring. The bar is set so high with my kyb GG. Probablly soft for most but real good Netra enduro bike. Best I ever had. We have a job a little west of Newark starting up, I will be living in a motel for a while, I will drive over and get my Husky stuff to Drew one night soon. Hope he can make it as good as my GG.