Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:21 PM

Default Clutch washers like Beta guys use to make light clutch feel

Has anyone tried this with their GG. I'm running the 2017 EC300R and broke my kickstart shaft other day, replacing with one out of a 2001 EC250 has the nice heavy spline shaft over the grooved shaft used in the 2014-18 that break.

Figured while I have the case off, clutch out to pull the kick gear assembly, maybe try the washer deal if it works. If so what size and thickness did you go. The Beta guys talk about 6mm washers and 1.5 - 2mm on their 2T's. Makes a light clutch without any slip.

Thanks for any input,
Ed

Old 11-15-2018, 04:37 AM

My 2011 250 XC/Race is noticeably heavier at the lever despite everything seemingly the same as my mates 03 and 05s.

Tired everything including different oils and rebuilding MC and slave etc.

Ended up removing 2 springs, feels similar to my mates now and no ill effects so far.

Had never heard of the washer mod until I had a quick google there.
Works by putting a washer between the spring post and spring retainer reducing the preload on the clutch springs.
You would have to be careful the extra washers don't cause the clutch spring bolts to contact the clutch cover, probably worth a shot.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:20 PM

I've heard of guys pulling two springs on KTMs, sounds like another quick mod. Good to hear yours is working well.

While I have it apart I'll go find some washers and give it a go. Maybe try 1.2 -1.5mm stack to avoid the cover like you say.

I'll relay the results once I get it all running again, waiting on kick start gear to arrive.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:15 PM

Did the washer mod. Found 6mm x 1.6mm washers and it did make a difference. Not extreme, but a bit easier. Think maybe running two Ec200 springs with the EC/XC 250/300 springs would be good.

Or better yet, pull two like Thompo did. Fast easy and no cost.