Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > Used Bikes

Used Bikes Used Bikes For Sale - No Part Outs

Old 07-09-2019, 05:57 PM

Default 1998 GasGas Pampera 320 for sale on eBay

I have a beloved 1998 Pampera 320 for auction on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/163768447254
Not many bidders on eBay know what a cool bike this is, so if any of you GasGas riders are interested, you can buy it for a song. I'm just getting too old to ride anymore, and the bike has sat idle in my garage for about 18 years. It only needs fresh gas. Stabil is in there now, so minimal cleaning of carb, fresh gas, and maybe a new plug should get her going fine. The tires are old as well, but still look good. I am the original owner; bought it new in 1998. The odo has 5750 Km. I added hand guards and an FMF spark arrestor exhaust. The original pipe is included as are a box of spare parts including pillion rider pegs, and turn signals which I took off because I used it mostly on trails. This bike is STREET LEGAL from the factory. Title clear, and you can get a license tag for it, no problem. Hope someone who knows what this bike is will bid and own it!

Old 07-11-2019, 03:29 AM

Thumbs up

Nice bike
Old 07-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Long ago - Les Tinius told me about a couple of guys who owned a pair of these in washington state. This model of pampera was more trials oriented than the newer pampera - and the guys loved them for "extreme and nasty trails"....

Looks like it is in great shape...

jeff
Old 07-12-2019, 08:52 AM

Default More trials oriented - exactly right

Nasty trails? Who needs a trail? Many times I've ridden this bike XC off trail, even. The late Bill Nance (a founder of the NM Trials Assn) and I spent every weekend from about 1997 till 2000 riding every nasty trail and jeep road for over a 100 mile radius around Albuquerque. Bill was a retired FAA Radar tech at Gallup Radar site high in the Chuska mtns north of Gallup, NM on the Navajo reservation. We went riding up there often - forests, lakes, red sandstone. I was never a trials competitor, but Bill taught me how to jump logs, pop up on ledges and so on. We had a blast. You are right about this being the most "trials like" Pampera. The subsequent models were heavier, lacked the low front fender, and performed more like an MX or enduro than a trials machine. I'll really miss my Pampera. The bid on eBay is still less than $1000 - AUCTION ENDS SUNDAY 7/14. You guys are missing a rare gem, even if you already own a full on trials machine. This one you can ride on the street down to the coffee shop as well as in the woods, or on the highway in between trails. When Bill and I would go to the NMTA meets at San Ysidro or Taos, the champion riders would show off on my Pampera, doing nose wheelies, bunny hops, the works. I bought this bike from Bob Rowland a local trials competitor, who had an airline captain friend who piloted a flight to Spain. He'd just buy one in Spain and carry it back to the states on his airliner for Bob, who then sold it to me. You'll never find a better Pampera these days! Rare as well as brilliant!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:52 AM

Congratulations on your Ebay auction. I'm thinking you and the
buyer got a good deal.
Hope it goes to a good home. Tell the buyer to join GGRider if
he / she has any questions.
Cheers, J
Old 07-15-2019, 03:24 PM

Default We got a good deal

You are right: both the buyer and I got a very good deal ($1525). It went to an enthusiast in MA (one John Adams - no, not our second president - he's not that old!). He has restored at least one Gas Gas machine, regretted selling it, and was stoked to find mine. He wants to ride the pavement legally in between trails thru the woods. The '98 Pampera is ideal for this. He's very excited, while I'm getting a bit nostalgic about all the great times I had on this bike - Colorado Trail, SW CO, Canyonlands SE UT, Zuni mts NM, Chuska mts AZ. 1998 was a vintage year, to be sure; I did not know it at the time how lucky I was. I got a clue when (experienced) guys in Silverton, CO on big Hondas were freaked out when they tried to ride sections of the Colorado Trail that I'd completed and said were "exciting" (admittedly I rode with white knuckles, but I didn't tell them that!). They told me they turned back in abject fear - the CO Trail is gnarly to put it mildly. They came over to my campsite to drool over my bike. Ditto when I went to the Needles area of Canyonlands at Elephant Hill and beyond. John used lots of !!! when emailing me how excited he was. I'm glad my brilliant little bike will get a good home... that's better than money!
Old 07-15-2019, 04:24 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

that is cool... I will admit I had it in my watch list, and you are not that far from me... sadly I let it go..
Old 07-16-2019, 09:47 AM

I hope you told Mr. Adams about Jim Snell.

http://www.trialspartsusa.com/repair-services.html

When he needs parts, Jim is the, (maybe only), guy to call.

In fact Mr. Adams should stock up on any wear items that
he might need for the next few years. Spares are getting scarce
and no longer available.

From what I heard / remember. I was told there may have
been around 200 Pamperas ever imported into the USA.

I have a 2005 Mk III. Great bike, but, I fear ever needing plastics
or the unobtanium Stator failing.

Cheers, Jeff
Old 07-17-2019, 04:00 PM

Default Pampera spares

Mr. Adams knows about Jim Snell. Also he's getting a box of spare parts from me to go with the bike. I told him he ought to join GGRider and gave him your link.

Tags
320, gasgas pampera dual sport, pampera, street