Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

I agree whole heartedly. Best bet is to find a diameter and pilot that gives the best idle and off idle response. This can be done around the home in a clean environment and all the tools handy. Once thats been established you can basically run the same pilot and AS adj across the different brands OEM needles (assuming you keep the same diameter). A fat main is safe selection when testing and can later be dialled in once you find the needle taper profile you like best.

For me the following pairs of pilot and diameter work, with only subtle differences at 1/8th throttle. Leaner being cleaner.
38 - H
40 - W/I
42 - J

Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I agree whole heartedly. Best bet is to find a diameter and pilot that gives the best idle and off idle response. This can be done around the home in a clean environment and all the tools handy. Once thats been established you can basically run the same pilot and AS adj across the different brands OEM needles (assuming you keep the same diameter). A fat main is safe selection when testing and can later be dialled in once you find the needle taper profile you like best.

For me the following pairs of pilot and diameter work, with only subtle differences at 1/8th throttle. Leaner being cleaner.
38 - H
40 - W/I
42 - J
40 pilot
170 main
N3DW Second from top clip (lean)
AS 2.5 turns out
Idle screw in, but not a lot. Idle seems to fall unless I set an unreasonably high idle.
58* F
55% humidity

Runs well opening the throttle, the slightest closing it "gug-gug-gugs" but clears right up with the throttle. I will play with the AS a little, I think if I wind it out a bit more I should drop to a 38 pilot and aim for two turns out on the AS. I will drop the needle to its leanest setting first, maybe drop in the NEDJ and see how that plays with it. I have a very limited area to test, about 100 meters each direction, then I run the risk of getting pulled (or worse yet, they call my wife!). I do have a CCK to play with, how should that compare to the NEDW, NEDJ, or N3EW that I have?