Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 AM

Default Sub-frame riv nut.

I think it's an M5, but mine is spinning in the sub frame anyone got a quick fix, or will I have to drill it out somehow.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick790 View Post
I think it's an M5, but mine is spinning in the sub frame anyone got a quick fix, or will I have to drill it out somehow.
I JBWelded a replacement onto my subframe.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 AM

That's an idea
Old 04-01-2010, 06:30 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

The one for the exhaust spins on mine. I was thining of J-B Welding it in place. Did you need to rplace it or could the old one be used?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
The one for the exhaust spins on mine. I was thining of J-B Welding it in place. Did you need to rplace it or could the old one be used?
I replaced mine but if the original is in good shape I think it would fit better.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:58 AM

You can tighten a loose nutsert back up yourself. Find a bolt that fits it that will fully thread in with about 3/4" extra threads. Run a nut on that bolt and then screw it into the nutsert. when the threads are fully in the nutsert hold the bolt head from turning and tighten the nut against the nutsert being carefull not to strip any threads but you have to crank it down as tight as you dare. That will swell the nutsert back into a tight position.
You can install nutserts this way also although a pop-rivet gun made for nutserts works best. A washer that fits the bolt well compliments things when doing this.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 04-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
You can tighten a loose nutsert back up yourself. Find a bolt that fits it that will fully thread in with about 3/4" extra threads. Run a nut on that bolt and then screw it into the nutsert. when the threads are fully in the nutsert hold the bolt head from turning and tighten the nut against the nutsert being carefull not to strip any threads but you have to crank it down as tight as you dare. That will swell the nutsert back into a tight position.
You can install nutserts this way also although a pop-rivet gun made for nutserts works best. A washer that fits the bolt well compliments things when doing this.
Awesome tip. Thanks
Old 04-01-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
That's what I was going to try first, but I think the thred is U/S.