Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 05-11-2013, 04:46 PM

Default Ecea harescramble

Any of you gents attending the ecea event in shamokin pa tomorrow?

Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 PM

Yes, I will be there, but not racing.
03 H-D Nightrain
www.newoodsriders.com
You Can't Out Run Death Forever
But You Can Make the BASTARD Work For It!
Enjoy Life, Have Fun and Play Hard
Old 05-11-2013, 10:14 PM

I was hesitant to race with all the rain but I loaded the bike and I guess now I am racing. Was hoping a few guys were going to be there so we could meet up and shoot the bull about our bikes it would be nice to put faces to the screen names
Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 PM

I'll be there. #142 BSSR class. Not pleased with rain but my main competitor and friend is going so I have to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 PM

Idk what class ill be running depends what they let me either open A or B I am at a weird stage I used to ride AA about 7 yrs ago I feel I have speed for A but not sure about endurance to keep the pace for 2 hrs but I also don't want to sandbag in b either but we will see what they say tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:34 PM

I should have stayed home!!!! After lap one my arms were jello and I was spent but I kept going because I wanted to finish that was my only goal for my first race in 7 or so yrs. but on lap 2 I noticed my clutch and brake lever were suddenly catching on the bark busters. This was an amazing feeling lol then half way through the lap my chain pops and it was adjusted properly before the start so I put it back on make it another 3 mi and it pops again. So I take it easy trying to limp to the pits with no clutch or front brake and then the seat falls off. At this point I call it a day and as I am loading up the bike I check out the rear wheel and find the bearings are shot and that is why the chain kept popping. Needless to say it wasn't my day and I am not impressed at all.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 AM

Nick, nice meeting you. Didn't check msgs until after race though, sorry.

At least you got a good start from what I saw. It was a a nasty mud fest for sure, not really fun, took me a lap to loosen up. I ended up 4th, lost 3rd after going down three times in that soup near the start, bike hooked up awesome in the woods and rocks with the new springs. It should it was probably 300 lbs with all the mud! I think that guy on the vintage IT was a sandbagger.

Sprocket side wheel spacer is junk like on KTMs, grooves immediately and then your bearings will follow. Seat needs to be cranked down. I found a cool M6 threaded star wheel like knob in Sears hardware that lets you really tighten it and still have no tools access, but this is from the bottom on a modded '12 seat, like a KTM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I don't know what to say. I'd be completely ticked off,looking for the closest dumpster.How many hrs are on the bike? Have you contacted Bud? What is the
issue w/ the levers? Any idea why the bearings failed?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 AM

Glen it was nice to put a face to all the info you dish out on here and I'll be seeing you at other races as I have signed up for the series. And I checked the results and the guy who won seemed to beige of a A rider judging by lap times.

John the bike is a 13 and maybe has 30-35 hrs the seat and the levers vibrated loose and caused chaos but the wheel bearings did upset me quite a bit but ill look at it today and see what went wrong but it was my fault for mot checking them completely before the race and if I could get 6500 for it out the door it would go
Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 AM

Yeah, my 2nd and 3rd laps were terrible after two of the falls. Slow to pick up that thing in the foot deep mud and clear the grips off enough. That place was kind of open being they run quads, I like it better tighter. My friend is fast in that open stuff, but I can push him in the woods hard enough to force a mistake.

I'll be at Sahara Sands Sunday.