Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-05-2010, 07:06 PM
skid jackson skid jackson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 1,057
Default

Those bikes are way to clean .. especially the dirtbikes ...
do you actually ride them ... or are they garage queens!!!

nice 950 btw!!!


Reply With Quote


  #22  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 AM
gg3's Avatar
gg3 gg3 is offline
Silver Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BOP,New Zealand
Posts: 587
Default

Support the underdogs!The KTM's are greats bikes,even the tree hugging,sandel wearing,latte drinking,beer with a twist of lime ,hair product & skin regime riders are ok.I ride with some & personally enjoy the banter.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-06-2010, 03:58 AM
DeBandi DeBandi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
Those bikes are way to clean .. especially the dirtbikes ...
do you actually ride them ... or are they garage queens!!!

nice 950 btw!!!
950 has 35,000
610 has 11,000

All dual sport miles. I just try to take care of my stuff. They are not garage queens. www.exploringalabama.net


Thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Neil E. Neil E. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gormley, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,424
Default

You have an excellent selection of bikes. About as good as it gets. The GasGas should let you do more deep woods exploring. You might even find those last few railroad trestles. Your ride reports are great!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-06-2010, 08:46 AM
jhendr3702's Avatar
jhendr3702 jhendr3702 is offline
Silver Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Amarillo TX
Posts: 1,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBandi View Post
950 has 35,000
610 has 11,000

All dual sport miles. I just try to take care of my stuff. They are not garage queens. www.exploringalabama.net


Thanks...
very nice bikes.....

i know this is an old thread.. and i am not a brand hater... i ride with a guy who has one of the ktm 300 estarts and we are good friends..
the other day we went riding and some of his ktm buddies starting talking down on my gas gas... was not too happy about that....when i questioned them on why they felt that way, none really knew, and had never seen a gas gas in person before... had to show them how an old 01 300 would do everything their new pumpkins would do... and then some...
__________________
broken down over 60 slow rider..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 AM
REVERUP's Avatar
REVERUP REVERUP is offline
Gold Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bonney Lake, Washington USA
Posts: 1,269
Default

I think what it is.... is we all hear too much KTM this, KTM that.
You know, all the biased shootout articles that don't include every bike or every condition for their test, but ultimately KTM is the pinnacle.
The common newbie that you over hear saying I'm getting a KTM there the best.
Your friends constantly wearing, talking, bragging, living KTM.The funny thing is their always talking about fixing things on them, leaking counter shaft, suspension stiction, leaky gas cap etc....
You show up to an enduro and its like the great pumpkin had offspring all over the forest. Then your forced to weave though them like safety cones.
I remember a time when broken green plastic littered our forest, now its orange. At least the green blended in a little.

Roscoe
__________________

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-06-2010, 10:46 AM
jriley43's Avatar
jriley43 jriley43 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Haslet, Texas
Posts: 76
Default

To me the argument should not be between KTM and Gasgas, it should be between jap. bikes and Euro. bikes... In my opinion I will never buy another Jap. bike again


I think the people will still hate USC even if they start lost every game for the next 20 yrs
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-06-2010, 10:56 AM
jhendr3702's Avatar
jhendr3702 jhendr3702 is offline
Silver Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Amarillo TX
Posts: 1,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
I think what it is.... is we all hear too much KTM this, KTM that.
You know, all the biased shootout articles that don't include every bike or every condition for their test, but ultimately KTM is the pinnacle.
The common newbie that you over hear saying I'm getting a KTM there the best.
Your friends constantly wearing, talking, bragging, living KTM.The funny thing is their always talking about fixing things on them, leaking counter shaft, suspension stiction, leaky gas cap etc....
You show up to an enduro and its like the great pumpkin had offspring all over the forest. Then your forced to weave though them like safety cones.
I remember a time when broken green plastic littered our forest, now its orange. At least the green blended in a little.

Roscoe
good point roscoe on fixing the ktms.... also forgot on this particular day, one ktm had to rejet and do some other things to (tank and seat off, but between all of them they had enough ktm tools in their ktm packs to do that)(this is at our normal riding area) and one of the other ones lost rear brake completly....
my gg has yet to need anything other than normal maint stuff ....
__________________
broken down over 60 slow rider..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-06-2010, 05:54 PM
gg3's Avatar
gg3 gg3 is offline
Silver Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BOP,New Zealand
Posts: 587
Default

Does anyone now which bike manufacturer enforced a patent on the GasGas electric start system?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 PM
gasgasman's Avatar
gasgasman gasgasman is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pearland Texas
Posts: 4,597
Default

This is off the Gas Gas FaceBook page.........

Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Connecticut GG Riders?? pferreira1970 NorthEast United States 10 04-25-2015 10:44 AM
Pa gasser riders ???? rockrider1 General Discussions & Announcements 0 11-09-2010 08:11 AM
SA GG Riders Dingo South Africa 4 07-26-2010 12:12 AM
Funny ATV riders 2 strokes 4 life Pictures & Videos 3 10-01-2008 12:07 PM
200 riders gasgasme General Discussions & Announcements 9 03-26-2008 07:12 PM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - GasGasRider.org