Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-06-2010, 06:31 PM
roostafish's Avatar
roostafish roostafish is offline
Gold Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,245
Default

I used to ride an XR 250. I used to love puttin' the wood to people on my little "girls bike." Same with the Gas Gas. People who don't know me sometimes make strange Gas Gas comments, but they usually stop if they ride with me, especially if we're on my home turf. Like Lance Armstrong titled his book. "It's Not About the Bike." Frankly, some folks think they're junk. I let the ride speak for itself, besides, if I can't keep up, I can blame it on my junky bike. NOT!


On USC. Ponder for yourself: Your senior year of H.S. the scholarship offers come, you visit a few campus.... Washington, Oregon State, USC, Texas Tech, Michigan State. It's February. The downright in your face fact that USC has won several national football championships, and will again while you are here at school, just a matter of fact. Nice weather, girls in t-shirts and shorts (remember, it's February). A quick, subdued reminder that you may not play 'til your senior year, but hey, that championship... And if you do end up playing, your chances of going to the NFL are higher coming out of USC than anywhere else you may be pondering...

SOLD!


__________________
Mike Sheetz
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Reply With Quote


  #32  
Old 08-07-2010, 06:42 PM
lankydoug lankydoug is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
I used to ride an XR 250. I used to love puttin' the wood to people on my little "girls bike." Same with the Gas Gas. People who don't know me sometimes make strange Gas Gas comments, but they usually stop if they ride with me, especially if we're on my home turf. Like Lance Armstrong titled his book. "It's Not About the Bike." Frankly, some folks think they're junk. I let the ride speak for itself, besides, if I can't keep up, I can blame it on my junky bike. NOT!


On USC. Ponder for yourself: Your senior year of H.S. the scholarship offers come, you visit a few campus.... Washington, Oregon State, USC, Texas Tech, Michigan State. It's February. The downright in your face fact that USC has won several national football championships, and will again while you are here at school, just a matter of fact. Nice weather, girls in t-shirts and shorts (remember, it's February). A quick, subdued reminder that you may not play 'til your senior year, but hey, that championship... And if you do end up playing, your chances of going to the NFL are higher coming out of USC than anywhere else you may be pondering...

SOLD!
I agree and I'm 100% sure that 80% of 75% of winning is not about the bike. Ha ha.

Second point; It's not all about horsepower we're not racing dynos it only matters what you can put to the ground.

If the NCAA cracks down on USC for cheating your scenario won't much matter because they won't have scholarships to give and there is more than one school with sunshine, girls and the ability to win.

I love USC... that's right, I just love to watch them lose. lol

Last edited by lankydoug; 08-08-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-07-2010, 11:30 PM
ggg ggg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
I think what it is.... is we all hear too much KTM this, KTM that.
You know, all the biased shootout articles that don't include every bike or every condition for their test, but ultimately KTM is the pinnacle.
The common newbie that you over hear saying I'm getting a KTM there the best.
Your friends constantly wearing, talking, bragging, living KTM.The funny thing is their always talking about fixing things on them, leaking counter shaft, suspension stiction, leaky gas cap etc....
You show up to an enduro and its like the great pumpkin had offspring all over the forest. Then your forced to weave though them like safety cones.
I remember a time when broken green plastic littered our forest, now its orange. At least the green blended in a little.

Roscoe
you forgot to add the worst front ends in the business that even now still require valve work or mostly likely a steering dampner to stop them from high speed twitching.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Bradz Bradz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 20
Default

I rode 2008/09 model KTM 200, 250 and 300 all excs, and a 05 GG EC300 loved the GG so much more, just felt like a much nicer bike and I was quicker on it straight of the bat.. this coming from only ever riding 4T 250s, made it an easy choice when working out what to buy, the 2010 Gassers look good also, and as added bonus I really dont like orange as a colour.. my 2cents worth.
__________________
2010 EC 300 and counting
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-09-2010, 09:28 AM
roostafish's Avatar
roostafish roostafish is offline
Gold Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,245
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
I think what it is.... is we all hear too much KTM this, KTM that.
You know, all the biased shootout articles that don't include every bike or every condition for their test, but ultimately KTM is the pinnacle.
The common newbie that you over hear saying I'm getting a KTM there the best.
Your friends constantly wearing, talking, bragging, living KTM.The funny thing is their always talking about fixing things on them, leaking counter shaft, suspension stiction, leaky gas cap etc....
You show up to an enduro and its like the great pumpkin had offspring all over the forest. Then your forced to weave though them like safety cones.
I remember a time when broken green plastic littered our forest, now its orange. At least the green blended in a little.

Roscoe
It seems that you are not a lemming! b Frankly, the amount of them out there doesn't have much to do with me not owning one. If I thought it was better, I'd be riding one. I don't care how many are at the starting line.
__________________
Mike Sheetz
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-09-2010, 01:34 PM
REVERUP's Avatar
REVERUP REVERUP is offline
Gold Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bonney Lake, Washington USA
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
It seems that you are not a lemming! b Frankly, the amount of them out there doesn't have much to do with me not owning one. If I thought it was better, I'd be riding one. I don't care how many are at the starting line.
Ha you know I'm not. I Bleed this brands colors. What ever color it happens to be for that particular year.

And yes Mike you are smarter than the average Joe!! but we both know we could win on any of the current manufactures 300's or 250 2 strokes. I however prefer to be loyal to this brand if it doesn't mean I have to throw way more money and energy at it to get the same outcome.

We need to get together for a ride soon.

Roscoe
__________________

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 PM
geraldh's Avatar
geraldh geraldh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Durban, SA
Posts: 23
Default

My 20 Rands Worth - (about 2 cents in any other country) buying and Riding a Gas Gas is about been slightly of centre, like listing to Grunge/punk or alternet music, I think we just want to be diferent for the sake of been different, the bikes being good is just a bonus..
__________________
Gerald H
2006 EC 300 Recently UPGRADED from WR400F
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Connecticut GG Riders?? pferreira1970 NorthEast United States 10 04-25-2015 10:44 AM
Pa gasser riders ???? rockrider1 General Discussions & Announcements 0 11-09-2010 08:11 AM
SA GG Riders Dingo South Africa 4 07-26-2010 12:12 AM
Funny ATV riders 2 strokes 4 life Pictures & Videos 3 10-01-2008 12:07 PM
200 riders gasgasme General Discussions & Announcements 9 03-26-2008 07:12 PM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - GasGasRider.org