Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:50 AM

Default Going to die when clutch on gear

Hello.

GasGas 300, 2011.

Problem is:
When i'm on gear, pulling a clutch, let off throttle - idle drops to verly low, i can even stall if not make blip of throttle, but than idle drop again to very low, therefore bike is often stalling or can't get quick throttle responce to make something technical (ex. trials jap-zap or lift front end to place bike in different way).
Some time idle on gear is keeping normal, but if i hold clutch more then 10-15 sec it drops low. When i put N after this, idle still remains too low if i will not add throttle.
In this video i made high idle for purpose (idle screw IN), to show how low idle drops on gear even if it was high on N before.
https://youtu.be/k7FGbWzs2TY

-----------------------------------------------------------------
New piston, clutch basket's walls are straight (have checked in case of basket' wear and not letting discs release).
Motul Transoil 10-30 new.
Have changed 5 idle jets (50...40) and 2 needles N8RG and CCK (all on 1-2 step - lean (1), richer(2) ). And main jet 165-170-172 (but mains not really affects on idle).
NOTHING changed (idle on gear)!!! It remains sooo low.
Air screw of course changed behavior of idle on N, but idle on gear it seems nothing affects.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

As i know, idle low when mixture are too rich, like i'm tightening air screw IN almost to full close - engine is choking (i.e. breathless), so i thought it behave like rich when im clutching and i put leanest of my jets - 40 idle jet and needle max down (leanest), air screw 1,1/2 out. Tried. When open throttle - dun-dun-dun-dun lean mixture (like im out of gas), but Idle on clutch (on gear) remain the same - nothing changed again... so my theory (rich mix) are broken, is it?

Here is small cut of behavior on riding - u can see constant drops of idle on gear-clutch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Phnj020Gs

Old 04-14-2015, 08:49 AM

As I said in your thread at the other site I believe you have a lean condition (hanging idle). The idle sounds high, lean, and flat to me, until you load the engine by letting out the clutch in gear... then it drops below the "hang". I recommend a leakdown test to prove me wrong lol.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:02 PM

Checked my reeds today.
http://i.piccy.info/i9/1521264105bf1...8/897472/1.jpg
http://i.piccy.info/i9/54dcc1ba00f53...6/897472/2.jpg
That outside one is broken at the top, but when i put it in center part of cage, it stand a little higher, so can overlap hole with no problem. But is it not good already and need to be changed? I don't have spare now.
And when i see through cage to sun, i see veeery small gap beetwen cage and side of 2 reeds. Anyway, cleaned, inverted them and put back.
But nothing is affect on idle though. Engine working as without cleaning them.
Bike starts 1-2 kick (to question of bad reeds).

Maybe i should measure compression in cylinder yet? What is the device i need to find and how much pressure there need to be when i kick a starter?
Old 05-08-2015, 06:21 AM

Hello.

About hanging idle. What is it specifically?

Does that idle speed, that drops low IS my real idle? And hanging idle - that high speed idle, that after i blip a throttle is going higher for certain period of time and then drops low (or do not) again? And to avoid so low idle i pushed to turn idle screw in to make it little higher on neutral (but it don't affect when im on clutch on gear and it drops).

If it's so, i tryed set idle screw in such position, that ilde remains low (as low as it drops on clutch) and after throttle blip idle not become higher, it just revs little with twist of throtte and right away drops to that condition as it was.

So if it is real idle from idle circuit i thought i can tune it by air screw and jet changing - it would become higher if i turn screw out (let more air) and lower to stall if i turn in (shut air). BUT... with this low idle if i turn it in - yes, it would stall when i reach the limit, but when i turn it out, idle speed does not rising, even when i turn that screw out of carb. It was on 38 pilot and same behaviour with 35 (when i switched to 35 jet i expected more higher idle because jet let less fuel, but it was same as with 38). My altitude is 0-300m sea level.

BUT when i turn idle screw 1/4 turn in (lift a slide) from my position when blips of throttle doesn't affect idle speed, idle increases a bit and after throttle blip it revving more than before (before it just drops to low as it was..) So i think this describe the condition of hanging idle, when it does not return to speed that was before throttle blip?..

And with this 1/4 turn increased, regulation of air screw is now giving some effect when turn in and out (revs rises and lowers little bit). [On clutch though, it drops anyway] But when i turn air screw in to 1/2-1/4 from max (closing air), revs drops immediatelly to very low. I don't get it... ((

PS. With 35 pilot, when i fully close air screw, engine remains working on very low revs, and doesn't stall - does that mean 35 jet is too lean for me? Blips of throttle was with such lag..delay.. i don't know maybe this is that you call bog?

Tags
carb, gasgas, idle