Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2009, 02:46 PM

I get it all the time. I get asked" hey Adrian when are you going to get a Ktm" I reply with " when they make a bike that works better. Gas gas has its problems. Fit and finish plain sucks. It takes me longer to set one up, but it is all stuff that can be done at home. Its a one time thing. The gasgas handles way better with no suspension work. At least I think so. Most the top Ktm riders I race with spend good money on suspension. I think the pds platform makes the suspension more touchy and hard to dial in for varying conditions. I'm racing on a five year old bike with no mechanical modifications at all except a 3mm honda clutch. I feel that gasgas like the Ronco Showtime rotisseries "set it and forget it". Adjustments only. I have a 2005 practice bike that I did the RB head mod to. and it came back with the squish band still off because of a difference in compression distances in the pistons. I pulled the .05mm base gasket out and now the bike is dangerous. It hits extremely hard off idle. Would be good for mx. Not for technical tight woods. It makes me think just how good they are stock. I have two 2005's 300's a practice bike and a race bike and don't want to ride the bike with the modded motor. I'm going to put the base gaskets back to stock and have the squish off a bit.http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.ph...931450697&ev=0 This is my bike I put together for LMS But did'nt get to go.

Last edited by Adrian; 11-15-2009 at 03:45 PM.