Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Site Sponsor

Default GasGas Enduro has a change in the US

GAS GAS MOTOS is proud to announce that beginning the 1st of August, 2010, GAS GAS OFFROAD US will be the exclusive importer of GAS GAS enduro motorcycles in the United States of America.

According to GAS GAS MOTOS Export Manager Albert Cervera, “GAS GAS has full confidence in the business vision and market knowledge of Mr. Clay Stuckey and Mr. Ted Stuckey, whom are the principle partners of GAS GAS OFFROAD US.”

GAS GAS OFFROAD will base its US operation in Georgia.

Cervera added, “GAS GAS has complete confidence that this decision will boost GAS GAS presence in the US enduro market according to the quality, technology and reputation of our motorcycles.”

GAS GAS MOTOS, a Spanish company, builds and distributes GAS GAS trial and enduro motorcycles worldwide.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Site Sponsor

so that means clay stuckey leaves ktm/husaberg for gasgas? interesting.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 PM

Names are familiar to me but not being in the M/C industry would like more info if possible......

Mark (or anyone) can you give us some detailed background info on these guys and what can we expect going forward?

What's the EPA status of the 450 bikes?

Will Dale still have the trials line?

How will the parts be handled for instance and what will Go Fasters involvement be with this new change?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Names are familiar to me but not being in the M/C industry would like more info if possible......

Mark (or anyone) can you give us some detailed background info on these guys and what can we expect going forward?

What's the EPA status of the 450 bikes?

Will Dale still have the trials line?

How will the parts be handled for instance and what will Go Fasters involvement be with this new change?
Clay Stuckey has been heavily involved with the sales and marketing side of the business at KTM and Husaberg - he knows his off-road bikes. He's committed to growing the GasGas brand in the US in much the same way the Austrian and Swedish brands were grown - support for the dealers, media exposure for the bikes and riders, and availability of product in a reasonable timeframe. Bikes should be available to dealers at the same time as the rest of the world, and in line with competitive offerings.

EPA status of 450s unknown at this point in time, from this vantage point. You may want to look up Berkyboy's post about his recent trip to the factory for a clearer view of where the company is going wrt 2ts and 4ts.

Dale will continue to import and distribute and sell the trials bikes ... recognizing that those are separate and sometimes competing functions.

GoFasters will continue to be the parts importer for GasGas enduro bikes. Mark or Steve may (or may not) wish to comment on this further.

The winds of change are blowing, and from my perspective, its time to hoist the sails and get ready for a great ride.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 08-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Site Sponsor

Default GasGas Offroad US

GoFasters will continue to be the US parts distributor in the US. We signed another contract with Spain with the promises to us that GasGas would be committed to increasing sales in the US. It has always been our agreement that once 200 enduro bikes were being sold per year that we would "bow" out of selling retail OEM parts, in past years we couldn't financially have accepted any other version.

We feel confident that our new relationship with Clay and Ted will bring GasGas to a much stronger position in the US and we're committed to doing everything possible to make it happen. Many, many changes will be coming to the US sales in the next 2-3 months. Like 2011's before October, a solid dealer network with good margins for the dealer, stocking dealers with parts and bikes in their showrooms, regional DSM's, the list goes on. There will be some changes in the dealers that exist now, but that will be entirely up to the dealer if they want to stay involved.

Dale Malasek is a great guy with a world of GG history and experience and will continue his knowledge in the trials world, plus help the other side in any way possible. We look forward to working with everyone involved in GG in the US.

If you have any other questions or comments for us, please feel free to PM me or email to "mark@gofasters.com"
Old 08-02-2010, 02:29 PM

Why would someone want to import and distribute GasGas enduro bikes and not handle the trials bikes as well. It would only make sense to have 1 importer.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:23 PM

Glad to see someone who has successfully marketed bikes in the past is going to be on board. I am very interested to see how things develop and how the 2011's are received by the public.

I'm curious as to why importer of bikes and parts are separate? I'm not very biz savvy so excuse me if this is a silly question.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:28 AM

Congratulations to Clay and the GF crew! I think everyone will be surprised to see how quickly things change for the good.

Good things are coming for GG riders in North America.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I wish everyone involved the best of luck but in my opinion how could it be better by breaking it up again. I was a dealer and sold a fair amount of bikes in my short time and still think its wrong that a dealer has to buy from another dealer that he has to compete with. In my view the whole GG line parts and all should be one distributor. As i said i wish them the best. Nick
Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Site Sponsor

Nick

We are working on a solution to your concern.

The Stuckeys have made a substantial investment and have put together an aggressive business plan to bringing legitimate dealers into the US GasGas dealer network sooner rather than later.

Mark and I (GoFasters) have also been working hand and hand with them just securing the future of the GasGas enduro brand in the US and now that contracts with the factory have been signed the GasGas enduro brand can go forward.

We're also making a substantial investment in additional parts to meet the upcoming demand and all of this takes some cash flow to keep afloat until the dealer network is formed.

GoFasters is committed to working with GasGas Offroad US eventurally bowing out of retail OEM parts sales all together but it going to take a little time for new GasGas delears, as well as the existing legitmate dealers (probably less than 10,) to stock the basic OEM parts to meet the demand of the consumer.

With any luck we will at that point in a few months.

I make this response with complete respect to your point of view and can assure you we are sensitive to your comments.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist