Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Swingarm/Linkage-how does it go back together

2010 300

Cleaned/regreased the linkage.

Question about the swingarm attachment point-where the swingarm, case and frame meet up:

The pins that the swingarm axle run through each have a 'head'. The head can either be inbetween the frame and the swingarm (outside of swingarm) OR inbetween the case and the swingarm (inside of swingarm).

Which side do they go on?

I found some torque values in the manual-any 'no-no's when torquing it all back together?

thanks

J

Old 02-15-2011, 01:21 PM

I am 99% sure they go with the flange facing in against the linkage tie rods. Thats the way I just put mine back together. I torque mine down as tight as I can get them with hand tools then again after each ride for a couple rides. The swingarm pivot also tends to lossen up a bit after a couple rides.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default ah-ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
I am 99% sure they go with the flange facing in against the linkage tie rods. Thats the way I just put mine back together. I torque mine down as tight as I can get them with hand tools then again after each ride for a couple rides. The swingarm pivot also tends to lossen up a bit after a couple rides.
Thats the term, "flange". thank you!

............and I think I have them backwards
Old 07-16-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
late I know but yes the Flanges go to the inside. In my haste I put them in the wrong way and damaged the alloy of the swing arm where the outer seal goes. I filed it smooth and replaced the seal,just waiting on a new bush as the hardened flanged head was totaly destroyed.

ollie