Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:33 AM

Right guys

I've finally had chance to strip the carb.

The main jet is 178.
How do you check what setting the needle is on ?

The float line is not parallel with the carb body before it touches the needle plunger - could this be the problem - how do you adjust it ? Bend the steel that it is attached to ?

Also is there an easy way to get the carb on and off - I had a bit of fight with mine.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:47 AM

To check/remove the needle pull the spring up from the slide and hold it compressed to the cap. Push the throttle cable down into the slide and off of the recess that secures it. Align the cable so the lead end can be pulled up through the hole in the slide. When reassembling take care that the washer tab seats properly on the top of the slide.
It takes three hands to do this until you get a feel for it. lol

To adjust the float bend the thin metal tab that pushes on the plunger. A little goes a long way.
Also check that the floats are parallel. It's not uncommon to find that they are a bit twisted.

Be carefull not to over-tighten the boot clamps. After you get it all back together run the bike and spray some carb cleaner or ether around the carb boots to make sure you don't have any air being sucked in (lean, not good). Wear safety goggles to be safe.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
Be carefull not to over-tighten the boot clamps. After you get it all back together run the bike and spray some carb cleaner or ether around the carb boots to make sure you don't have any air being sucked in (lean, not good). Wear safety goggles to be safe.
What happens does it catch fire? Why the safety goggles?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancp5 View Post
What happens does it catch fire? Why the safety goggles?
LOL. I just put that in as a disclaimer. I've probably done it 500 times with no problem but, for some reason, it still doesn't "feel" 100% safe and I'd hate to hear of someone getting hurt because of something I wrote.