Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulos View Post
Door stops mounted on the airbox. $5 worth. They work a treat.

Nice one. . I didn't like the idea of drilling the subframe the air box is a easier fitment. .. I was thinking of a dubily clip style clamp that would go around the supframe that would also allow u to slide the stopper up and down the frame..

Old 10-07-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooly View Post
Great job. .. I might try these you'll have ti make a how to post. .how did u get the positioning wright and how did u fix to the frame?
I used my boots on the peg to set angle & height, they mount to the same hole that the sub-frame mounts to and I used a piece of 1" angle (or you could use channel I guess) welded to the strap to keep them in the right position...DO NOT drill the subframe! I don't think it would help the sub-frame strength any...... They literally come off with one bolt

The air box set is a lot simpler but I have bent mine before & based on the wear that the rubber pieces get I'd be a bit afraid of pulling the bolts thru the plastic airbox

I'll try to take some closer pictures if you want them
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 10-07-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
I used my boots on the peg to set angle & height, they mount to the same hole that the sub-frame mounts to and I used a piece of 1" angle (or you could use channel I guess) welded to the strap to keep them in the right position...DO NOT drill the subframe! I don't think it would help the sub-frame strength any...... They literally come off with one bolt

The air box set is a lot simpler but I have bent mine before & based on the wear that the rubber pieces get I'd be a bit afraid of pulling the bolts thru the plastic airbox

I'll try to take some closer pictures if you want them
Ya a few closeup pitchers would be great. .
Old 10-07-2014, 02:24 PM

Smile

I just noticed that my msr riding jeans dont have any leather on the inside of the knee. So I got nylon on plastic. Doesn't help with no friction, did think about getting some knee slider patches, stick velcro on the air box and a sider patch on the knee of my jeans and hey presto I become part of the machine and never fall of
Old 10-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulos View Post
Door stops mounted on the airbox. $5 worth. They work a treat.

That is pretty slick.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:43 PM

I should mention that i made up plates for the inside of the airbox and airbox lid out of a plastic chopping board to stop the bolts pulling through.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:45 AM

[QUOTE=Fred1956;141789]I used my boots on the peg to set angle & height, they mount to the same hole that the sub-frame mounts to and I used a piece of 1" angle (or you could use channel I guess) welded to the strap to keep them in the right position...DO NOT drill the subframe! I don't think it would help the sub-frame strength any...... They literally come off with one bolt

Yep made a set up for my Husky WR250, set them to right boot height and they will save 20 -25% energy on your arms over a long period. That's my opinion anyway.
Don't have them on the gasser yet but they will be on there ASAP.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:00 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
The pictures in the link is not such a bad idea bro little pricey for not a lot though
Old 09-24-2016, 04:05 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I made my own using some rubber furniture castors. The only thing I changed from the picture is I now have counter sunk bolts in stead of the coach bolts pictured. I fitted them recently so I havent used them yet but it looks promising.

As someone else suggested just use you boots to pick a preferred location