Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:28 AM

Default the side stand

Just got my 2011 ec 250 fantastic bike .Yesterday while at the scott trial in Yorkshire England my side stand broke.The cause of this,was the very strong springs on the stand.On closer inspection the bottom mount which holds the chain roller as well had snapped.Me not being used to the stand , had let it ping up a few times which broke the mount letting the stand rotate out when the chain hit the bottom roller.So if you have just treated your self to one of these bikes and new to this stupid design of side stand bin one of the springs.Other than that i never stopped grinning all day the bikes brill.Hope this is of some use.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The bolt on the chain roller probably came loose starting the problem. Wouldnt be the first time.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

It was quite easy to modify the auto retract stand on my Husky to a manual one. I really haven't looked at my Gasser yet.
But you do have to remember to use your foot to help slow it down when retracting. Some times I do forget a it just slams shut.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 10-26-2010, 08:34 AM

the stand pinging up has enough force to break the cast lug that the chain roller is mounted on and bend its own black mounting.So bin the thick spring and use the thin one and use a rubber band attached to a purpose made molding under the side panel which i have just discovered. thanks for replying .