Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Default Gear lever - cant change up, rubbing on stator coil cover

I'm just getting used to the idiocincracies of my new ec 250. So far the stand spring landed me in casualty, the clocks won't work, it died on first ride out!

The clocks I'm told is a battery, easy enough fixed, I'll take them off when I regain my composure and patience.

The engine died, after checking the carb, fuel filter, brand new spark plug, as I put the ht lead plug back on for the 5th time, the ht cap fell off in my hand... Fastened it back on screwed it on firmly...

Bike started!! Result!.....

Went to change up into 2nd gear... Nothing, won't click up, pulled bike over, reached down with my hand.. Clicks up easily into neutral...

Set off again, wont click into 2nd..

Stopped the bike, wheeled it into the garage, put the side stand down, closed the door and walked away! F#?|<|ng bike!!'

Had a cup of tea, walked back down to the garage, and found that the gear lever rubs under the stator coil cover, making it impossible to change up!

There is about 20mm of play in the lever, rendering it in operational! As by nature these bike get dropped a lot, I'm guessing it's bent in.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a stronger lever? Is it adjustable?

Currently I'm desperately wanting to love the bike, but everything feels like its been made as cheep as possible. Im scared to drop it, or get it wet!

Help would be appreciated, suggestions, reassurance, or should I have stuck with Orange!

@Ktmandy