Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman View Post
I can see "India" prined on the outside of the main bearing. The problems we have here at work with bearing out of tollerance to the drawing is stupid. Id rather see
" Spain or Germany " on there .... Good thread by the way .....
Didn't you post that earlier in the thread too? or was that someone else?

Yep. It says India, and while I'd rather it say Spain, Germany, Italy, etc it doesn't. Its still an SKF bearing and one would hope that they produce the same quality of bearing regardless of which factory it comes from. I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it.

Personally, next time I'll source bearings indivually from the local store instead of a kit and end up with some nice Japenese ones. You live and you learn! Thats what the whole process was about!

Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

She lives!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5VUyd-z5-I
Old 05-29-2013, 08:15 AM

Older GGs always had quality Euro bearings and seals. I guess now nothing is sacred. This weekend I had a countershaft seal start to leak, that rarely happens. Popped the collar and seal out, and on the seal is "Shen Feng". Doesn't sound Euro to me. Sourcing your own bearings and seals is not only cheaper but you can control the quality of what goes into your rebuild.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

when that prick's not looking I reckon I'll have ago at 'is seat cover
Old 06-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

He was just munchin up all the worms surfacing.. Must have smashed about 15 of them I reccon.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

The bike is still running fine. I still have the same slightly slippage of the starter gears from time to time though. It feels like they engage and then slip past. Its not often, but still annoys me that it does it. Does anyone have a fix for this? I thought it could have been the rachet and pinion but both were replaced during the rebuild, as was the spring? Is it just that I don't have enough tension on the spring? The starter never has any issues returning back to where it belows post kick though. Feels like it takes up where its meant to as well. I guess I should probably check the other starter gear..
Old 06-15-2013, 11:43 AM

Jake,

It's the spring if you have new ratchet and gear. Quality in these has been spotty lot to lot. I've had old bikes that were always fine and an '07 that always slipped until replaced. Failure mode is such that if the starter slips from a bad spring, it will soon cause the ratchet and gear teeth to be slightly rounded, then a spring alone will not fix it. You would be surprised how little wear on those parts causes a problem, barely detectable. Try another spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Glenn. Very strange that both springs would exhibit the same issue in the same manner. I'm sure both were replaced too. The one behind the rachet, as well as the one on the shaft itself. For this, can you confirm we're talking about the small spring behind the rachet? It makes sense if that wasn't strong enough it would sometimes not positively engage the teeth on the rachet to the back of the starter.

I'm a knob. Just checked the spares and the invoice. I don't think I replaced the spring behind (part ME25636006). That would explain everything.. *bangs head* Better order another one. Looks like the side cover will be coming off one more time yet.. Heres hoping the couple of times its slipped it hasn't damaged the rachet or pinion. I could probably count them on one hand though.

Last edited by Jakobi; 06-15-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Oops
Old 06-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Also in this pic. Rachet and pinion. Starter spring. But not the small spring behind the rachet. I can only laugh at my stupidity sometimes. I'll order one next week and then change it out at the next oil change. I might grab another water pump impellor and do that at the same time.. And clean the pipe again.. and inspect the piston through the exhaust port..

Did anyone want any specific photos taken while I'm in there?