Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:13 PM

My 07' EC125 has been downright bulletproof, the only thing that killed it was when the piston finally gave in, and that wasnt a gasgas part, silly wiseco...
I think it was run without the water pump functioning (when I split the cases the clip that holds the waterpump gear on was missing)
It will be a sad day when I see it go, as it was my first 2 stroke, first proper bike(suspension, power, brakes etc.) first gasgas aswell.
But it will be replaced by an 07 200

I thought it was a very capable bike and taught me how to ride much better than I should have. I would love to keep it but alas, things cant always work out the way we want. I would definitely get one again if the opportunity arose. Just something about wringing a 125 out around a enduro special test and passing big bikes

Old 08-11-2010, 05:28 AM

Price will have to be adjusted somewhat as well to compete with the Huskys. Those are being blown out real cheap. The Husky is ready to go so its tough to beat from a marketing standpoint. This, and the 250F options are tough competition. I think die hard GG riders like us might pay a little more for the GG125, but not a lot more. A new, factory 200 motor based on the 125 like the KTM200 in that chassis would be a great bike.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

For this particular bike, I think you'd be looking at about $3000. I didn't pin him down on a price, but if you're interested, or have an offer, PM me and I'll float it to him.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 08-12-2010, 06:53 PM

Will this bike haul a fat (210 lb.), old (40), wood guy?

Just sold my '03 EC250 and looking to replace it with something "fun" to ride in the Oregon woods. Been considering a 300, but I know we have a few locals on Husky 125's and they love 'em.

I have owned 2 KTM200's in the past and they were a hoot in the woods.

What about some of our nasty hills? Can it make it up with some clutch work?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:43 PM

Thanks Mike but I'm not in a position to buy a second bike just yet. I was talking in general terms about price, as 125s have always been cheaper.

The 125 climbs the big rock hills here fine, and these are technical hills that sap momentum. The bike pulls good for what it is, not as good as a KTM200(I had one too) but it doesn't vibrate anywhere near as bad either.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
Will this bike haul a fat (210 lb.), old (40), wood guy?

Just sold my '03 EC250 and looking to replace it with something "fun" to ride in the Oregon woods. Been considering a 300, but I know we have a few locals on Husky 125's and they love 'em.

I have owned 2 KTM200's in the past and they were a hoot in the woods.

What about some of our nasty hills? Can it make it up with some clutch work?
I'm similar weight and have a TM125. The problem I find is in situations where momentum is lost. Such as coming out of a slow corner onto a steep climb. Or getting the bike moving again in deep mud where there is very little grip. I'm going to try changing the exhaust valve rate and fitting a flywheel weight, but am not sure how dramatic the effects are likely to be. EC300 to finish rebuilding though before turning attention back to the 125
Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I'm a good bit lighter than 200lbs. 125s work for me, but there's a reason I ride a 250. It's easier. 125's are plenty capable for someone of my weight (160lbs). In fact, if I rode at China Hat (central Oregon High desert) all the time, I'm faster on a 125, 'cause you just hold it open and row, just dodge the pine trees.
I've always been able to go right up the hills. I used to race a KTM 125, then a Husky 125. Out in the Tillamook burn area, where the ground is slick, and the hills are long and steep, littered with roots and rocks, I had no problem going right up. Momentum is your friend on a 125.
I honestly think that you could have a lot of fun on a 125, but if I were to choose a bike for you, I'd probably go to a bigger steed. However, I know a dude who's 225lbs, and swears by 125's. He also swears by Honda's, so his sanity is in question. After proofreading this, it's kind of disjointed, but the information is what was intended.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 08-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Hey Mike,

Great info and very helpful.

I do think the 125 would be a fun ride and probably killer in the more flowing terrain which I acutally prefer. But, there are times when we do hit some more technical steep stuff and that is where my largeness concerns me.

I also noticed you said your 250 is "easier". I know exactly what you are talking about, and I do like a bike that, if you want, you can just get lazy, ride a gear high and let the bike do the work.

Thanks for the advice. It is appreciated.