Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 10-13-2011, 02:43 PM

Default fsr 515 blue /yellow wire help

I have a 2008 fsr 515 and am trying to find the blue yellow wire to verify its status. I purchased this bike used and all lighting and speedo stuff has been removed. Ive lifted the tank and opened up all the wiring harnesses and cannot seem to locate these wires , where do they originate from ? I dont even have a blue/yellow wire out of the ignition module plug , do they come from somewhere else ?
Im trying to chase down why this bike stalls at slow speeds alot, I like to ride really tight stuff and am constantly reving to keep it running I was also thinking about adding a heavier flywheel weight if such a thing exists
any help would be appreciated
Dwayne

Old 10-13-2011, 06:12 PM

According to Gas Gas .es there was no 515 in 08, but they have been wrong before! Their manuals start from 09 and from memory that was the start year they used Kokusan instead of Marelli. This may mean there was no switchable map. Good news is there are or were some different downloadable maps on the website and the software was a free DL.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:28 PM

Hmm the importer at that time said it was an 08 but it does have the kokusan ignition , thank you for the information ! Do you know if there are flywheel weights available for this bike ? I want to get rid of some of the engine breaking and low speed stalling
Dwayne
Old 10-14-2011, 11:20 AM

I would be surprised if there were any flywheel weights available as it is difficult to see where you could add them without serious surgery. Both 450s I have pull like a train off the bottom and it is almost impossible to stall either of them. Maybe there is another problem with it like valves, sensors or air leaks. Slipper clutch may help with engine braking in the extreme cases but otherwise I guess you are stuck with it!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Different injection system than Marelli, so the stalling might be more related to it. Rekluse auto clutch is your best bet to elimanate the stalling.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:51 AM

Hallo from Germany, have the same problem on my 515. Engine stops often because of the extreme high compression-ratio and the light flyweel. Modell 2008 with Kokusan. Don?t want to use always the clutch in singletrails or strong up-/downhills. There is no other flywheel offered. Guy here in Germany rode a 515 in German Enduro Championship. His dealer lowered the compression-ratio and changed the injector-setup. I?m thinking about selling the bike because it?s to fast for me or mounting a Rekluse to avoid stalling in combination with reducing compression-ratio (uff, may be 1000 ?).
Greetings from Germany Thomas