Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 03-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Default 07 Ec 125

There doesn't seem to be much info\ride reports. Can anyone share their thoughts on this bike?

Old 03-19-2009, 04:10 AM

i have one, and its an awesome bike

goes really well, tractors impressively considering the size, has a very wide power band
suspension on mine is very good ( marzocchi shiver forks and sachs shock , some come with ohlins rear ), i feel it is very progressive and works on almost everything, iv never adjusted them and i think they work better the faster you ride, although i have experienced tankslappers at speed on very hard ground although that could be many things other that the suspension
brakes are very good, i feel they out performed the brembos on an 05 ktm, have very good feel to them, not either on or off
maintenance, haven't really needed to do anything major to it since iv owned it, nearly 12 months now, oil and filter etc. iv never had it apart so don't know what its like inside yet. it has broken the front guard brace but that could have been pilot error

this bike is very chuckable and a very competant woods bike straight out of the box, I'm getting the jetting checked atm so will post what it is when it gets back from the shop.
i feel this bike is very confidence inspiring for a 2stroke noob such as myself I'm 5'6'' ish and 60 kg with gear so I'm quite quick in technical environments
this bike isnt a mega torquer and i have run out of grunt on some mean hill climbs but there's always lower gears and it will climb most things in 2nd but definitely in 1st, this is without any clutch use, iv never had to really use the clutch to get it to go like it seems to be the norm with 125s.
also i have found that the bikes clutch doesn't always engage fully, like if you put the bike in gear when its off and cold then kick it, it will move forward like the clutch isn't in.
but when it heats up it becomes less severe

so overall i feel this is a very competent bike straight out of the box
Old 03-19-2009, 09:05 AM

We geared my nephews '01 125 down with a 53t rear. It will climb anything my 250 will so far, as long as you are aggressive enough. I think this may be the year the kid finally spanks me.

Oh yeah, clutch drag when cold is normal. Run a good light synthetic, here we get Shell Rotella 5W-40W diesel oil that works great in the trans. Find the equivalent if you can, I think in Europe it might be called Helix. If drag is still excessive start by bleeding the clutch system.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:34 AM

Thanks guys, I'm a little nervous getting off my 05 250 and on to the 125, but I do allot of technical riding and was thinking that a new 07 125 (there is one left at a good price) may be fun.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 PM

Brains, My normal ride is an 06 300. I ride a lot of technical stuff. I hopped on my buds 08 ktm 200 last fall and found it to be much easier to ride, plus I was a lot faster through the woods on it. As a result I started looking into a smaller bike. Watching an A rider on a yammie 125 keep up to an AA rider on a suzzy 450 at a local scramble and seeing a pic of the 09 husky 125 got me thinking about a 125. I went out and bought a used 02 wr 125 to test the waters. got one ride on it before the snow came jury is still out as I don't really have any real seat time on it. But I did ride 30 miles and wasn't pooped .. so that was a good sign!! There a plenty of woods guys the swear by them. wish there were more gassers around, would love to test out an ec 125.
Got a sneaking suspicion I'll end on a 200, orange or otherwise, but if the little husky pans out .....
Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I'd really be interested to know how you like the Husky. I'll be surprised if you think you need a 200 after getting to know your Husky.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-20-2009, 03:14 AM

Talking

when looking at the gas gas 125 I found that they claim 36.8hp, my 06 ktm 200, was said to make 38hp, there is very little in it, sure the 200 may have more tourque, but the gasser is lighter, busy rebuilding the engin on mine will give a ride report as soon as it is ready
Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 AM

Thanks guys, the thread is picking up some good post's. I'm still debating as I can't trade in my 250 and will have to sell it first before taking the 125.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brains View Post
Thanks guys, the thread is picking up some good post's. I'm still debating as I can't trade in my 250 and will have to sell it first before taking the 125.
thats always a little nerve wracking ...
I still have my 300, although I have a friend that would like to buy it, and my older drz 400 that can act as fall back bikes to tide me over if the tiddler doesn't work out .. oh yeah and a beta trials bike.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
I'd really be interested to know how you like the Husky. I'll be surprised if you think you need a 200 after getting to know your Husky.

I hope thats true!!