Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:59 PM

Question 2003 GG wild 300 throttle cable?

Hey guys,
I am new to the forum and just picked up a 300 wild. I love it! Couple problems though. I was playing around with the jetting and I got it pretty close but am still having a huge sputter when I give it full throttle at low revs. It falls right on it's face but if you let off the throttle a little it will pull like a freight train. I am running a 180 main and a 40 pilot. I dropped to the 40 pilot to eliminate it from loading up at low revs. The 180 seems to pull great except for the above mentioned problem. The problem is the same with a 175-180 main. Next problem is my throttle cable got frayed inside the sheath and stuck wide open on me and nearly killed me. Thank god for the tether!! LOL. It has an aftermarket moose racing thumb throttle. The cable was the wrong one to start with as there was two adjustments on the throttle end with one threaded into the other and the second threaded into the throttle assembly. Also the adjustment on the carb end is adjusted to max. The sheath is about 44" and the cable itself is about 50"... it sticks out the end of the sheath about 6". I suspect that the sheath is the right length but the cable itself is too long. Any suggestions on a new cable? Length...where to get one? sorry if this post is too long but I'm trying to give all the info. Thanks in advance for the advise.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:07 PM

Default gasgas throttle

Congrats on the purchase, i have a 300 aswell, the jetting works on see level altitude, where are you riding, mine is in bits at the moment for a full rebuild so i can check my jetting but i am at sea level, go to the manual and it tells you what you are suppose to be running or you can go to a go kart shop and get the exhaust temp sensor which will also tell you what you need to know. go kart stuff is real handy as they are high performance 2 strokes aswell and run on the border of destruction too.

Last edited by case-racing; 09-09-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 09-13-2009, 07:34 AM

My 04 Wild HP has a 165 main and it goes like stink. I put the 06 A arms on it to get through the woods better here in Alabama. That brought it down to 47" wide. I saved the long ones though in case I get the opportunity to ride with a buddy of mine who lives near Glamis.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 AM

I have a 04 300 with a custom made pipe like the eliminator pipe for the trx 250r. So the jetting on my quad is a bit different from the stock, 38 iddle and 185 main, with no washers on the power valve. It rides like a rocket, banshee style...but the plug is a bit too clear on hi revs.

The most important tuning I did was to put uniball rods onthe upper a arms linking the chassis to allow tuning the caster, and reducing rider arms fatigue.

best luck!
Old 12-27-2009, 04:44 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the replies on the jetting. Any suggestions about the throttle cable? I am having trouble finding one. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:37 AM

Personally, I hate thumb throttles. I would just put the twist grip back on and go stock cable. But then, I'm an old motorcyclist so the twist grip comes naturally and the thumb thingy drives me up a wall. Especially when I hit one with my knee!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

You can have a local shop make a cable for you. Easy. It won't cost much either. The more grassroots style shops are your best bet, not some place that reminds you of a Mercedes car dealership. Someplace with a mechanic who's been around a day or six.

Your jetting woes can be solved with the RB Designs head mod. I could never get the jetting to clean up the throttle whack bog on my 300, so I did the head mod and it cleaned up the jetting immediately.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM

what needle do you have?