Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 06-28-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybars View Post
Sounds like a pain. I was hoping to just install the SC and ride.
I did that

Old 06-28-2013, 12:54 PM

So did Girard, set and forget. Thats how this whole thing got started.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drehwurm View Post
I agree! The floats were the last thing I hadn't played with so far since the float level seemed always fine around 19-20mm. Just to have it touched I bent the tab on the float arm 0.25mm down (towards lean) and it significantly changed the SC behavior. I had to go 15 (!!!) clicks richer to get rid of a suddenly severe hanging idle, my idle in general is much more consistent now and actually this is the 1st time I'm fairly happy with the SC in all areas. Bending the tab was the only change I did and the effect on the float level itself was minimal - less than 1mm change in float height. Slowly I'm starting to think that my original SC was changed out in transit and somebody replaced it with a cheap Chinese copy

Michael
If resetting the float tang made that much difference then your floats have had a small leak all along. Maybe not replaced with a cheap copy during shipping, but certainly kicked along on its way. Shipping the carburetors are hard on the dangling floats. We've considered packing the bowl to hold the floats tight, but wasn't keen on making people immediately take the bowl off when they received it. But may have to consider something to remedy the problem. I normally suggest a float check when someone is having issues like you described and thought we had discussed. Anyway glad to see you are starting to get good results like the others. Corey
Old 06-28-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post

In regards to Mikes TMs, can you elaborate on the issues he was experiencing and how they were resolved?
I had just installed a Grose jet inlet in my personal 38mm for my GG 300 for testing. I met MikeS and Michael at the trade show in Indy last February. Being ever in short supply, I agreed to let them have my 38mm to try on their TM 300, as we are actively pursuing OEMs and had met with TM last November. So we saw it as an opportunity to get some very credible third party data.

The Grose jet inlet was far from dialed and so that was some of the first issues they had, because it definitely acts different than the Mikuni tapered needle and seat. After getting it satisfactory (and it's a one off) because they are tuners they started working with different fuels and oils/mixtures. There are gains to be had by any custom tuning so we decided to continue to work with CP and provide them custom metering rods. All this collaboration just makes you the end user the winner and a lot of what we discover will wind up as future revisions. Corey
Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
I did that
Trying to get some shirts and swag to you this weekend while in Denver and at the Peak. How would be best to go about that? Corey
Old 06-28-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I had just installed a Grose jet inlet in my personal 38mm for my GG 300 for testing. I met MikeS and Michael at the trade show in Indy last February. Being ever in short supply, I agreed to let them have my 38mm to try on their TM 300, as we are actively pursuing OEMs and had met with TM last November. So we saw it as an opportunity to get some very credible third party data.

The Grose jet inlet was far from dialed and so that was some of the first issues they had, because it definitely acts different than the Mikuni tapered needle and seat. After getting it satisfactory (and it's a one off) because they are tuners they started working with different fuels and oils/mixtures. There are gains to be had by any custom tuning so we decided to continue to work with CP and provide them custom metering rods. All this collaboration just makes you the end user the winner and a lot of what we discover will wind up as future revisions. Corey
Is that the needle you offered me Corey ???
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
If resetting the float tang made that much difference then your floats have had a small leak all along.
I normally suggest a float check when someone is having issues like you described and thought we had discussed. Anyway glad to see you are starting to get good results like the others.
I suspected the floats (or float valve) right from the start and yes, you suggested checking the float level after I initially described my issues. The ~20mm I was getting fooled me all the time into believing it was just fine. That's why I like to keep posting about my issues - others may find this useful.

I really do believe the SC will be an advantage at the Romaniacs with its constant, smooth power delivery under varying conditions to support my inferior riding skills. Though despite all my testing hours I still think it is a bit of a risk, but I believe in the concept enough to take that risk!

Michael
Old 06-28-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post
Is that the needle you offered me Corey ???
You talking about the metering rod or the fuel inlet. Not custom MR just carefully measured.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:05 PM

BTW, are the guide pins for the floats just pressed in? The one-piece float of the Keihin PWK seemed to be a surprisingly good fit when I checked. Seems possible to make a conversion, but I'd need to remove the stock guide pins.

Michael
Old 06-28-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drehwurm View Post
I suspected the floats (or float valve) right from the start and yes, you suggested checking the float level after I initially described my issues. The ~20mm I was getting fooled me all the time into believing it was just fine. That's why I like to keep posting about my issues - others may find this useful.

I really do believe the SC will be an advantage at the Romaniacs with its constant, smooth power delivery under varying conditions to support my inferior riding skills. Though despite all my testing hours I still think it is a bit of a risk, but I believe in the concept enough to take that risk!

Michael
I appreciate your faith in the SC. They really are pretty trouble free once sorted, certainly less things to fail than on a Keihin/Mikuni. I wish they all were perfect, but we seem to have a little scatter yet as far as quality control. Working hard to make it right with all.