Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 05-28-2013, 09:54 PM

I would just phone Liz in the morning as she always been very helpful to me.(307)460-0524

Old 05-28-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHOSPUD View Post
So i called and tried to upgrade my carb purchase to Billet today. Called at 10am their time, I was told the person i need to talk to will call me back. No call for 2plus hrs. called back at 1pm their time, asked for someone to take my order, as i am leaving town for afternoon (riding) and will be out of cell range. Person on the phone tells me we have your info and get we will get the smart-carb ordered. Get home, this evening, message on my phone telling me to call to order.

Kind of Squirrely. I have never had to work so hard spending this much money. Anyone else having issues? Am i overreacting.
That's hilarious because I went through this but it took 2 days for a return call and I actually purchased the lectron hours before Steve called me back. I thought someone would call back within the hour to move a billet.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:52 AM

Not saying that, but what I am saying is that it is not as complete a system as the APT with the pressurized float chamber. This cannot be denied. The external rod adjustmet is also a big + for a GG rider. Less you have to deal with the airboot the better. Honestly I'd probably be happy with either as I'm not that particular about a little low end richness and actually prefer it for high load situations like long steep climbs for max torque. Other than that the throttle is open and moving and thats fine on a 250. JMO, but for the same price range I'd just rather play with the latest tech. I really don't need either though.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motosportz View Post

I'm sure several of you guys are thinking take a hike Lectron guy, i am just trying to help. As I did an extensive report on the APT before I got a Lectron and thought it was excellent as well.

Well yes. This is a thread about the Smartcarb and your posting/defending the benefits of the lectron. And your a lectron dealer.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd5774 View Post
Well yes. This is a thread about the Smartcarb and your posting/defending the benefits of the lectron. And your a lectron dealer.
Deleted my posts, sorry for trying to post info. Buddy told me to not bother trying to help here as I'll just get nasty posts, he was right. Please delete your quote so all that info is gone if you like. No problem, sorry to be such a bother and post facts.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Deleted my posts, sorry for trying to post info. Buddy told me to not bother trying to help here as I'll just get nasty posts, he was right. Please delete your quote so all that info is gone if you like. No problem, sorry to be such a bother and post facts.
Kelly
I see no harm of you posting comments here. I find it very helpful to read true honest facts. We are grown adults that then have the power to make our own decisions and opinions.
Thanks - Stu
Old 05-29-2013, 12:30 PM

A little sensitive maybe?? I think everyone thats interested in the topic understands the basic differences, and your posts were fine. There is no argument or bashing here, just facts. First fact yes its true, the Lectron metering rod concept has been around for awhile, and it does compensate to a point, a lot better than a PWK. Second fact, the APT takes this a step farther, and is easier to adjust. The cast carb performance is still a question but that is why we are waiting. Third, you sell Lectrons. Lets be honest here, if you got an APT deal, that would be the better carb. Thats OK though, I think we all understand thats business and can make our own decisions based on the facts and our own needs. No need to get upset over it.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I think the same thing Kelly, talk about rediculously sensitive. We are all just talking here and the products share similarities so I find nothing wrong at all with your posts.

Glenn, I do agree with your comment on apt, if they were the same price and available you are right I would have the smart carb. Just a touch easier tuning.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:53 PM

Like I said before I think Lectron and anyone making $$ selling them for that matter should thank APT for reviving the interest in metering rod carbs in the dirt bike world. Think about it.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
A little sensitive maybe??
No but the first comment was how my info was not welcome here and I'm not going to play that game. I have been 100% honest throughout. I wrote glowing report about the APT, loved the carb and wrote volumes about it on the husky forum. Tried to become a dealer, they have no product nor do dealers so that was not an option. Got a Lectron, thought it offered a bunch too and signed up. I have been upfront about all this. I don't care to get into pissing matches and if you were on the husky forum you would know I ride a ton, am very involved, love products that enhance the sport we love. I make very little on the Lectrons, have spend many hours understanding it and even making custom rods for the unique needs of the 125-165 motors. I absolutely do not care if you order direct from the very helpful people at Lecton and bypass me altogether. This is not my core biz nor do I make much of anything on them. I posted in the Lectron thread and should have left it there from the get go but saw LOTS of Lectron discussion here to and thought I would lend some facts from my vast knowledge of that product regardless if i sell them or not. I never kept that a secret in any way and it is posted here in several places.

I will leave you to your APT thread now, great carbs, have fun.