Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 03-22-2014, 12:35 AM

Default The best fork option ?

I have revalved 48 zokes on my 2012 300 my question is is there a better option available ?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

A fork is only as good as its components, its configuration, and how it interacts with the rest of the bike, rider and terrain.

What specifically are you unhappy with? What would you like improved? Whats better at one thing, might not be better at something else.

In terms of the 48mm Marzocchis, comparing them stock to stock with the TTX carts in Sachs forks on my 2010 model, I'd say they were equally as good. Feel different for sure, but strictly speaking I wouldnt say they are better or worse. They do some things I like, others I felt could be improved (and that applies for both brands). I've just revalved my Marz so after next weeks ride my opinion could be better or worse.

Keep them serviced too, and make sure the cartridge is bled well.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:32 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I didn't care much for the action of my forks stock. I sent them to a local tuner that does a lot of revalves for racers/riders in this area. The first revalve was worse than stock for me. It took three revalves to find the performace I wanted. I really like these forks now and the pfp adustment is very helpful going from sand tracks to rock course. I would work with a good tuner,the more input you can give him the better the results. It won't matter if you put the most expensive forks in the world on if it's not set up for your terrain, skill etc.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Site Sponsor

The 48 closed chamber Marzochi's are the first forks that I havn't had to revalve or respring. I only weigh 150lbs though. In my opinion these are the best forks out there. You do want to take them apart though and clean them out and inspect them. Have had a few of them that had some internal issues right from the factory. They also assemble them with a thick Vaseline type grease that has to affect the valveing.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
The 48 closed chamber Marzochi's are the first forks that I havn't had to revalve or respring. I only weigh 150lbs though. In my opinion these are the best forks out there. You do want to take them apart though and clean them out and inspect them. Have had a few of them that had some internal issues right from the factory. They also assemble them with a thick Vaseline type grease that has to affect the valveing.
I agree, though I've resprung them, they like less than 3mm spring preload and a couple of turns or more of pfp which keeps them up in the stroke, they are short on rebound but you get enough response from the clickers.

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha