Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: Do you run a auto clutch on your Gas Gas?
Yes! I would be lost with out it. 60 30.61%
No! Those things are for guys with poor clutch control. 77 39.29%
Thinking about installing one. 59 30.10%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2016, 07:54 PM

I ride my EC250 with a rekluse. Mostly very tight woods, hills, creek crossings, etc. I absolutely love it. Combining it with a LHRB was the ticket.

When riding on fire roads and two-track, I wouldn't be able to justify it. Sliding the rear brake, emergency stops in tight corners, muddy and steep climbs, etc: The Rekluse really shines.

I hear all these complaints about not liking how it engages or whatnot, and all of that is adjustable. The weights/springs/and clutch gap are adjustable. Whether the Pro or EXP, you can change how it engages at idle.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:56 AM

Thumbs up 07 GG auto clutch

I had one on my 07 ec 250 and loved it. I could get a little lose or come into a corner hot and not worry about it. However, after riding with it for a season I came to not wanting it. I was losing my touch, the feel of my bike. It was like I was riding it and not a part of it. So now I do not have it. There have been some days I have missed it but overall I am happier and really enjoy feeling the clutch and throttle working in harmony controlled by me. As long as I can I will ride. LOVE my GG EC300
Old 01-13-2016, 04:50 PM

Default My 2 cents

I purchased a 2007 KTM 300 a few years back, really my first foray into off road riding in many years (did a bit of mx practice, some supermoto, and some road racing before that).
The bike came with a Rekluse installed and the clutch had been converted to a LHRB. It was the perfect set up to get me into single track, along with hare scrambles and enduro.
My next bike was a 2014 KTM 350 xcf-w I installed the core exp on that bike and loved it. No chance of stalling.
When I purchased my GasGas 300 last June I had every intention of installing a Rekluse. Funny thing...the bike worked so well and the clutch was so easy to use, I never felt disadvantaged.
My opinion as someone who went from beginning single track rider in his late 40's to novice racer and now amateur racer in his early 50's. The Rekluse is a great addition to any bike and an advantage for many. It could be that once a rider aquires the basic skills(and I am still learning them) it probably is not much of a advantage. Although on these modern 4 strokes that are prone to stalling it probably is a big advantage.