Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:49 PM

best way to get things off the ground again is strong support of local racing. A good contingency program for the local guys.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I would agree with that. Forget SX or MX, it's a different direction than the bikes are going now, and could sway the influence away from off road. No thanks.

Although, I do remember when Fast By Ferracci had a Husqvarna racing team in SX, they actually did pretty good.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-26-2007, 08:38 PM

I say start small . like Fury1' s gasgas team. Get some nice gasgas stickers from gofasters the 7 inch ones and start winnig . It's probably the biggest race team and the best that they got .I'll send you some goods fury to get you started . Anyone else got anything?
Old 12-27-2007, 12:31 PM

If I was the importer I would add $100 to the price of every motorcycle that came into NA and used that money to support a race team of some kind. 250 bikes x $100 = $25K. That wont run a factory team by any stretch of the imagination, but it definitely will allow you to support some riders.

I would find 1 top ten enduro rider (Nick Fahringer comes to mind) and give him a couple of bikes and a $5K parts allowance. Give some race discounts or at least some delayed billing on some bikes for other guys and let them go racing.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:06 PM

My personal opinion is gas gas doesn't have a program together this year that supports the guys that race them week in and out. I got into gas gas back in 06 and they were giving a good break on the bike and some parts and one of the main reasons I bought gas gas. Now riding the bike for 2 years and making AA this year and winning the expert 250 championship and I have been trying to work a deal to continue to ride gas gas but I'm not really getting too much of a response. Does gas gas want to keep guys on there bikes or realize they need to keep these guys on the bikes. We are just starting to get a presence at the local NETRA events and I see nothing happening with race sponsorship. Gas Gas needs to step up and keep the bikes and riders out there WINNING.
Is Gas Gas listening?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:37 PM

It is a sad time to be an importer with the USD being so low against the euro. Up until the the euro came into being, the euro importers had a fighting chance and selling bikes and supporting riders. The profit margin for an importer is tight now, and with total sales being down, I don't see how they can afford to support any national level rider or offer contingencies. Worse yet, is that a local dealer probably is not selling enough volume of bikes to warrant supporting a racer. GasGas racers must be satisfied that their bikes perform well enough stock and a reliable enough that they don't need the contingency money that guys get when riding rice burners.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:34 PM

talked with a couple guys today about GasGas,and they told me that a local AA rider who rides GasGas from our hare scramble series has been chosen to represent GasGas during the national enduros and the gncc races this season,not sure how true this is as its only heresay,but if its true ,he deserves it,great guy and will represent us well
Old 01-02-2008, 05:31 PM

Fury,

If thats true then good for Jim, He does deserve it and has been in the hunt for a championship for the past few years. Super fast and a great guy!!! Good luck to him!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:33 PM

the talk came from kennys shop,so I would think the info is good,but you know how things get!