Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Now you did it Roscoe!

He'll be off looking at Husky WR250s now!
Wow!!! What the heck was I thinking!!!!!

That was my bad luck experience last year, nothing more. Never had a problem with my 2004 300 2 years of abuse.

roostafish sometimes I believe it is just luck of the draw, and if things aren't quite right from the beginning, parts will fail.

So that means if you buy a Husky you will have no luck and will fail, for sure!! Well you will fail all of us on here anyways. Is that enough reason to stay on a GAS GAS.

look at MattR we shamed him back on to a Gas Gas. Well not really. He went and bought one of those other bikes. After riding it coming back was an easy decision.

I do see the allure of a Husky though as they are nice bikes, very reliable, and suspension very Gas Gas like, and with beamer buying em out it's future looks brighter than ever.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Last edited by REVERUP; 01-05-2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Whoops, put the wrong log on name in where I intended.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Not to worry you but,I had the same type of experience at the beginning of 2007 while trail riding on my 2006 300 and thought I was just hearing things as you mentioned. Well several rides after that even a couple races, no problems, no noise.

First Enduro of the season, and at my favorite riding area that I know like the back of my hand, 19 miles in, she stuck!
Right side crank bearing collar came apart, I was fortunate that there was no engine damage. Les did the work on my bike and said it had adequate lubrication and that he was baffled why it came apart like that. It was a real bummer and Cost me huge in the NMA Enduro series this year 2nd open A and 8th overall. Top 7 make AA.
I echo the comment that it sounds like main bearings, likely a cage is coming apart, if that's the case failure is emminant.

Congrats to Reverup on the excellent overall finish, ever though you missed AA.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:19 PM

I might say that to if it were not for experiencing it myself, as well as the explanation, visual evidence, and subsequent upgrade.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 AM

I'll let you all know what happens.

My experience with crank bearing failure (and I've got plenty of that) would have me believe that the bike would've stuck on that last outing. It made no subsequent noises after the screeching. The next ride will tell for sure.

When the cage let go on my 250, the engine had a hiss, or whirr to it before she stuck. No one else heard it in the group, but I am sensitive to sounds, and could tell right away that something was wrong. My brother in law kept saying, (you're paraniod, just ride it, I don't hear anything). We started up, and took off. 100 yards later, my engine seized. He had to ride back and get the truck. It was an 80 mile round trip for him, and a long wait for me.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 01-07-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm_enduro View Post
Congrats to Reverup on the excellent overall finish, ever though you missed AA.
Thanks tm_enduro!

I will try again this year to succeed at my goal of AA and being the only AA GAS GAS enduro rider in the NMA series.
What am I talking about I'm already the only A Gas Gas rider in the NMA series.
The previous year before last I was 9th overall, one of these seasons will be my year, this could be it.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks tm_enduro!

I will try again this year to succeed at my goal of AA and being the only AA GAS GAS enduro rider in the NMA series.
What am I talking about I'm already the only A Gas Gas rider in the NMA series.
The previous year before last I was 9th overall, one of these seasons will be my year, this could be it.
Are you getting a 2008 Gasser? I keep thinking about getting a new gasser myself. Hopefully, they will get everything resolved and start shipping bikes.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:36 PM

I'm not so sure now. I really want a new one and typically replace my racing bikes every 2 seasons. But I'm thinking I may race my 2006 another year and wait for everything with this brand to settle back in.

I really don't have time to set up a bike in the middle of the series and get accustomed to its traits with out skipping a beat. I really would have liked to have had the bike by early December.

Well see, Support will be the deciding factor, if it's anything like last year it will be hard for me to swing it and train like I need to, to be successful. Just training is expensive. You know, racing is a very expensive hobby.

Roscoe

Old 01-10-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I'm not so sure now. I really want a new one and typically replace my racing bikes every 2 seasons. But I'm thinking I may race my 2006 another year and wait for everything with this brand to settle back in.

I really don't have time to set up a bike in the middle of the series and get accustomed to its traits with out skipping a beat. I really would have liked to have had the bike by early December.

Well see, Support will be the deciding factor, if it's anything like last year it will be hard for me to swing it and train like I need to, to be successful. Just training is expensive. You know, racing is a very expensive hobby.

Roscoe
I am very aware of that, I agree with your wise realizations. Training 2 to 3 hrs per day and riding twice a week is time consuming and EXPENSIVE!