Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM

Unhappy No, it's not my Gasser

I took a little test putt with my latest acquisition, 1998 KX250. I met up with a buddy, and we headed out into a portion of woods, yet untouched by quads. It runs great, and the suspenders seemed to handle my +plus-sized figure quite well. Riding in such close proximity to solid wood wasn't very smart...oh well I didn't waste time doing silly things, like swapping the bars, installing my new handguards, plastics, silencer repack etc. I changed trans oil & air filter, topped off the fuel tank, and went riding. I had a couple close calls, where my knuckles are concerned. How do you say...No blood, no foul Here's a little video sample of my shakedown ride.

http://youtu.be/UGVKnOzR6i8

Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM

The KX's were great bikes over many, many years. I had an '86 KX250. I have never felt more at one with a bike than I did with that KX.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman View Post
The KX's were great bikes over many, many years. I had an '86 KX250. I have never felt more at one with a bike than I did with that KX.
Right now it's stripped down, antiscipating a minor facelift. I figured the kid that sold it, was scared of it. He only had it for 6 months. It has a very nasty hit, when revved all the way out. I happen to like it. I'm assuming the previous owner turned it loose, found the powerband, and ended the ride with bent bars. Mostly I bought it, 'cause I have a bunch of good spares for it. I didn't forsee it running so good. She run super clean, with almost a perfect plug(mixed @ 32:1). This weekend is going to spent at Walker Valley. I'll know then if I need to swap my other forks & shock. So far the suspension took the rocks & roots abuse, quite well.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM

Its a small world. My old KX logged lots of time in Walker Valley back in the late 80's. I was in the Navy stationed on Whidbey Is.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I have never felt more at one with a bike than I did with that KX.
I had a 89 RMX250 with Factory Connection susp. that I felt the same way about. I still miss that bike.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Its a small world. My old KX logged lots of time in Walker Valley back in the late 80's. I was in the Navy stationed on Whidbey Is.
Walker is out, this weekend. The ice has injured a few. The whole gang is coming into my back yard(Tahuya). When I had the bike stripped, I discovered the subframe is tweaked a tad. I have a straight one. I put the bodywork it came with back on. Somehow it's just better...looking like a total thrasher. Putting a new tube in the front tire of the GG, so I can take both, for a side by side comparison. The KX has the edge in power, but GG is far more user friendly.