Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Friction plate part# ??

I toasted my clutch today (05' EC300) and need to get new friction plates. I hear Honda friction plates will work? Anyone out there have a specific part# or info that I can feed to my local shop. Thanks!!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:03 AM

I ended up using Honda CRF450 friction plates. One thing to mention is that I'm running a Rekluse clutch so I had to use some thinner Rekluse drive plates to get the stack height/operating gap within spec. My friends do product development there. In their opinion, the stock Honda plates are as good as it gets based on their testing. They have seen situations where the GG plates get hot and the adhesive on the friction material breaks down and the pads start tearing off.Took her out yesterday and it performed flawlessly
Old 06-15-2013, 10:00 PM

I have a 2011 EC 300. I am installing a Rekluse Basket and Rekluse Core Exp this week. Are GasGas OEM Fibers the best plates? Or is there a Honda crossover fiber plate that is just as good?

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 PM

GG fibers are a little thinner than the Honda plates, so you wind up a little off of the pack thickness and may have to make some adjustments. I have had excellent results with stock GG clutch packs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 PM

I know of some guys who race GG 300's. They use all OEM GG Fibers but then add just 1 CRF450 fiber at the outside (last one) of the stack. Supposed to provide a bit more hook up on the clutch.....
That being said that is for manual clutches only.

As for your Rekluse - I would recommend to use GG OEM. Otherwise you might mess up the "Installed Gap" dimension that Rekluse recommends in order for their EXP to work properly.

Last edited by StuJohnson; 06-16-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: correction of fiber stack
Old 06-16-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
I know of some guys who race GG 300's. They use all OEM GG Fibers but then add just 1 CRF450 fiber at the outside (last one) of the stack. Supposed to provide a bit more hook up on the clutch.....
That being said that is for manual clutches only.

As for your Rekluse - I would recommend to use GG OEM. Otherwise you might mess up the "Installed Gap" dimension that Rekluse recommends in order for their EXP to work properly.
Ok, then I guess I will go with the OEM GG.Thanks!

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar